The Hd-DVD Drive

Did you get a HD-DVD drive?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pooon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know there are loads of threads at the moment but...... i don't care :) I wanted a Poll so here it is.

Easy Scrap, you have to give me time to type the options :)

I voted the 'No - Don't care' option, which is the closest i could get to 'No - I'm not going to get one at the moment, maybe in the future'

How about "No - I'm waiting for more films to come out"? :)

"I have no idea whats going on but i wanted to vote" was closest in my eyes :D

Got mine from Amazon, yes AMAZON :suicide: this morning

Have to say, I had no problems with them at all. I pre-ordered on the 15th of october and spent every single day up till' today panicing and worrying :rolleyes: They told me I would get one, and although it was saying 'despatching soon' for 3 days I did eventually get it.

It is for xmas though....its about 3 metres above my head upstairs now hidden away.....and its killing me :devil:

nope not yet. waitin for some cash to come into my account since im skint, but i will def buy one prob mid jan since hd-dvds just look too damn nice compared to normal dvds

I voted yes - been waiting for the release of this since I first heard about it.

I pre-ordered from multiple places - only PC World came though... but being the impatient type I also bought one from MovieTyme a couple of weeks ago. Absolutely delighted with it - just need some more HD-DVD's to watch on it now :smashin:

What about a 'Yes, from a nice fellow avforums member who got 2 and let me have the spare' option?

Got mine from game.co.uk, ordered the day after they went up on their site and got it the day before release, excellent service :)

went pre order, but tbh I was ment to get one from a m8s shop, but they got none ( small independent), so went to HMV on relese day in Richmond, only 3 custemer orders and no HD's so put name down for one, so # 4 in shop.

I've been shafted by Amazon but it looks like another forum member who has 2 on the way say i could have one of his, funnily from Amazon :rolleyes:

I voted No - I have no interest in HD-DVD, though it may change in the future but i doubt the 360 will still be around by then. Theres no way i'm spending the sort of money HDDVDs cost on a film.

I put "waiting for pre-order" but that said my pre-orders were only made at the end of November. This is something that I wouldn't mind getting but I can't say that i'm really that bothered about having it right now. Got a few pre-orders in and i'll pick one up if I find one in a shop but i'm not getting all worked up about it to be honest.

I guess if I really wanted one that bad i'd have ordered back in October.

Got mine from movietyme.com. Ordered thursday came today. Cant fault it and no customs charges. And the Kong HD-DVD has the u-cntrol stuff.

Got mine this morning from PC World (.co.uk)

I got mine the day before release after ordering onlne. Pricing seems pretty much the same as new DVD releases if you buy them online.

I voted "Yes - From a high street store", as I managed to pick one up from Toys 'r' Us the day after launch.

My jaw hit the ground when they said they had one and the cashier didn't believe that they did as they were putting the sale through.

Got it sitting nicely next to my Xbox though :thumbsup:

Yep got shafted by amazon again, their won't be a next time.

I haven't voted cause my choice isn't available: "No - but I will when high street stores have stock".

Another 'NO' here... will get a stand alone dedicated player. The fan noise my 360 was making last night (without a disc) was atrocious!

I have interest, just don't think I can afford or want one at the moment.

I got one day before official release from Game. Only thing is havn't tried it yet the wife has already wrapped it up for christmas. Nice one Game :smashin: .

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom