• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

The Hardest Decision you had to make In Mass Effect. (Contains Major Spoilers)

ProphetRNG

Mass Effect was advertised as a game that put you in the position of making hard moral choices but what was the hardest choice for you? The Obvious choice that might have shook people was choosing whether to save kaiden or Ash but The Highlighted Choices for myself where:

Give the Allience Negogiator Drugs or Depression Medication

Release or Kill the Rachni Queen :suicide:

Out of the two, Releasing or Killing the Rachni Queen stopped me in my tracks for about 15 mins! I had absolutly no problem sending Kaiden to his death infact I had made my mind up before the radial menu appeared but trying to decide what to do with the Queen was a nightmare!

Destroy an entire species in one simple press of a button or potentially release a plauge upon the galaxy??!?!?!? well after pondering for what felt like an eternaty I decided to Release her on Noveria. :devil:

Was it the wrong decission? Will the Rachni again become a threat to the gallactic community? Would my actions affect me later on in the game.......

Well as it turned out NO, there was no come back from the Released Queen and If the Rachni are to return in Mass Effect 2 it cannot be due to my decision as some people would have exterminated her in Mass Effect 1.

Anyway what was your most difficult decission?

DrinksInBars

Mass Effect was advertised as a game that put you in the position of making hard moral choices but what was the hardest choice for you? The Obvious choice that might have shook people was choosing whether to save kaiden or Ash but The Highlighted Choices for myself where:

Give the Allience Negogiator Drugs or Depression Medication

Release or Kill the Rachni Queen :suicide:

Out of the two, Releasing or Killing the Rachni Queen stopped me in my tracks for about 15 mins! I had absolutly no problem sending Kaiden to his death infact I had made my mind up before the radial menu appeared but trying to decide what to do with the Queen was a nightmare!

Destroy an entire species in one simple press of a button or potentially release a plauge upon the galaxy??!?!?!? well after pondering for what felt like an eternaty I decided to Release her on Noveria. :devil:

Was it the wrong decission? Will the Rachni again become a threat to the gallactic community? Would my actions affect me later on in the game.......

Well as it turned out NO, there was no come back from the Released Queen and If the Rachni are to return in Mass Effect 2 it cannot be due to my decision as some people would have exterminated her in Mass Effect 1.

Anyway what was your most difficult decission?

spoiler below-

if you dont kill her - there are missions on some planets which have become infested with rachni - or am i mistaken in thinking killing the queen stops those cause second time round i just breezed through the main story and didnt see any other rachni???

nick501

Distinguished Member
Pretty much had the same difficult choices as you. Although i had a harder time with choosing to lose kaiden mainly cos he was carth in disguise from Kotor 1:D

I didnt know what to do with the council at the end, I let them burn but i wish i hadnt now.

Oh i let the rachni queen live aswell.

p9ul

Distinguished Member
The only that gave me a pause for thought was the Rachni Queen, in the end I let her live and think I got some Paragon points for it... on my first run through I think I tried to be a bit non-confrontational thinking it would earn me more paragon points, not really and my renegade points score was pitiful - this time I'm gonna unleash my friend "pain":D

Ashley v Kaiden - easy peasy, save Ashley cos you get to slip her a length and get 10G as a bonus! :thumbsup:

Alliance council - let them burn, Going after Soverign was more important than saving 3 beaurocrats (sp?)

Has certainly made me think from time to time and I think your choices are often influenced by your squad being present with you, if you were on your own you might be a bit more trigger happy.

I know one thing this time around, I'm not letting that Helena Blake off again with slapped wrists... :devil:

the OP's thoughts on Mass Effect 2 could be interesting if the choices you were given in that game were dependant upon how you play the current game.

jonnydynamite

I played as a bad ass through most of the game and really enjoyed it. I didn't feel particularly bad about shooting Wrex in the face although he was one of my favourite characters (possibly cos I played that bit about 2am after the pub). I agonised for a while over Ashely vs Kaiden but in the end I chose Ashley as I decided Kaiden was actually a bit annoying and seemed disappointed I chose to have a relationship with Liara instead (I thought I would nip any potential anti-lesbian mutiny in the bud).

It's a shame some of the decisions didn't have more consequences on the story (besides the loss of a team-mate) and are unlikely to affect much in ME2. I chose to save the council (partly because I had already got the renegade achievement) and they gave me the choice of recommending Anderson or the human ambassador to be elevated onto the council. What would have happened if I'd left them to die?

p9ul

Distinguished Member
I chose to save the council (partly because I had already got the renegade achievement) and they gave me the choice of recommending Anderson or the human ambassador to be elevated onto the council. What would have happened if I'd left them to die?

Spoiler
I let them die and in the end had to choose who should be in charge of the council - Anderson or Udina as the rest of the species now looked to humans for guidance - I choose Anderson.

D

Deleted member 152499

I've always played hard ball with those pen pushers up at City Hall (the council) so *SPOILER*
I can't wait to get to the point where I decide their fate once and for all!!! Cos they're gonna get one final (and decisive) fingers up from AFC Shepherd - bring it on!!!
*END OF SPOILER*

:devil:

p9ul

Distinguished Member
Punching the female reporter in the face. :devil:

Did you get any points for that?

Had to put up with her questions twice now and tried to be diplomatic, then just got a rollocking from Lance Henrickson for my troubles...

ProphetRNG

Saving the Council, forgot about that one, maybe a 30 sec decision based on what I had learned about the protheans I chose to save the Council so that we had a stable leadership against the Reapers :cool:

ProphetRNG

spoiler below-

if you dont kill her - there are missions on some planets which have become infested with rachni - or am i mistaken in thinking killing the queen stops those cause second time round i just breezed through the main story and didnt see any other rachni???

I believe they are still there due to the shipment's from Novaria that got lost in transit.....

MonkeyKnuckle

Distinguished Member
Did you actual punch her....i made a total pigs ear of this bit and got a right rollicking !!!!!

Yeah, I clicked 'End interview' or something and he just said, 'I've had enough of your biased journalism' or along those lines then smacked her one, knocking her to the ground.

Is it wrong that I found it funny? :devil: ;)

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom