The Handmaid’s Tale (Hulu) S2

raigraphixs

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Gilmore Girls vet Alexis Bledel has joined Hulu’s star-studded adaptation of The Handmaid’s Tale.

The 10-episode series, based on Margaret Atwood best-selling dystopian future-themed novel, stars Mad Men‘s Elisabeth Moss as a handmaid named Offred who fights to survive in a male-dominated totalitarian society that was formerly part of the United States. In this frightening new world that’s light years from Stars Hollow, women are forced into sexual servitude as a last desperate attempt to repopulate a devastated world.

The ensemble also includes Joseph Fiennes (American Horror Story), Yvonne Strahovski (Chuck) Max Minghella (The Mindy Project), Ann Dowd (The Leftovers), Samira Wiley (Orange is the New Black) and Madeline Brewer (Hemlock Grove).

The Handmaid’s Tale will make its Hulu premiere on April 26.

alexis-bledel.jpg

Last edited:
Couldn't get into the book years back but still looking forward to this, especially if the brilliant Ann Dowd is in it!

Looks intriguing. When I read part of the book I felt that it would translate well to film. Ann Dowd, as mentioned above, is one of the greatest actresses of our time, so I'll definitely be tuning into this just to see what she brings to it. Elisabeth Moss, on the other hand, is a bit hit and miss for me. Competent actress, no doubt, but sometimes lacks presence for me.

These trailers are giving away far too much. The book took ages to reveal the big picture.

Still, loved the book so I'll give this a whirl. Hulu's JFK time-travel adaptation was decent.

I'm assuming S1 will cover the book, and S2 will be doing their own thing?

Episode 1 8.5/10

Reportedly a faithful adaptation.

Good, chilling, nothing groundbreaking in terms of drama, but solid (see Fargo, The Leftovers for pinnacles of tv)

episode 5, ok episode :laugh:
commander tried to flirt with Offred 2 :rolleyes: suspect Offred 1 suicide was assisted :eek: either because of the commander or she had other affairs

Offred 2 seemed to be planning deep ;) after Emily's happenings & the commander's advances , as she chose to have affairs with Nick who was an Official Eye. Serena Joy trusted Nick, she was aware :zonked: or innocent

will Nick risk himself to help Offred 2 find her daughter :cool: who is the reason she stays alive ; she might join the May Day revolution if her hopes for her daughter is lost but she likely pregnant this season to continue her fight for freedom in season 2 :)

wonder will Emily be hang since the Gilead needs fertile women :rolleyes: so desperately

The Six Most Harrowing Scenes From 'The Handmaid's Tale' Episodes 1-4 :)

Last edited:
episode 7, the flashback on Luke was good, June wasn't alone :cool:

Loved the book a lot, now still had no time to watch the series. Have they changed the plot somehow to make season 2 possible?

Blessed be it got renewed other wise that would have been a cop-out ending!

Fascinating series bring on S2 and I hope the organisation burns down

Finale;
Question
what was the relationship between Moira and Luke ? Friends or blood ?

Last edited:
Blessed be it got renewed other wise that would have been a cop-out ending!

Fascinating series bring on S2 and I hope the organisation burns down

Finale;
Question
what was the relationship between Moira and Luke ? Friends or blood ?
June’s best friend from college as per the following article,
The Handmaid’s Tale Character List

Loved the book a lot, now still had no time to watch the series. Have they changed the plot somehow to make season 2 possible?

8 Questions We Really Want Answered in The Handmaid's Tale's Second Season
In an interview with The Hollywood Reporter, showrunner Bruce Miller said he’s working with The Handmaid’s Tale author Margaret Atwood to come up with stories and plotlines that fit with her overall vision. However, this isn’t going to be easy; the show’s already taken some pretty stark departures from the book—like Luke being alive (and getting his own episode), or Offred finding out she’s pregnant at the end of the season.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom