The Guns of Navarone: 60th Anniversary 4K UHD

varkanoid

No matter what was said in post 16 the post paulboland referred to by you infers that there a B&W version which got colorized e.g. Its a Wonderful Life.

Quote: as there is a B/W and colour version

No I didnt mention a "colourized" version only you did. See above.

If you read post #16 it confirms I was wrong as my B/W recollection was due to a B/W TV. :)

(I was actually thinking of The Longest Day.)

Garrett

No I didnt mention a "colourized" version only you did. See above.

If you read post #16 it confirms I was wrong as my B/W recollection was due to a B/W TV. :)

(I was actually thinking of The Longest Day.)
I know you did not mention colorize I referred that as there only way there being 2 versions of the very same film which there not of Guns of Navarone as it always been in colour and the way purist would watch it, as far as I know an official B&W version does not exist and if it does would have had to have its colours stripped from it.

I would not say 16 negates what was posted in post 11 all it does say you watched films on a B&W TV.

Well so did I but never thought all the films I watched on it to be original B&W and also having a colour version.

Post 16 says you did watch some films on a B&W set but does not mention Guns of Navarone, so to me and as paul took it even after reading post 16 we thought you thought there were 2 versions of it.

May be in post 16 you should have said my recollections use to be there being two B&W and colour versions of a lot of films as I a first saw them on a B&W set.

Or instead of referring paul back to post 16 said you got mixed up with originally watching on a B&W set.

We now know what you really meant, but it did not read that way.
Often you know what you mean and think correct in what you post but can be read a different way if not very carful made clear.

My mate use to say the written word never comes across the same way as being face to face.
And a teacher use to give the example
I saw a sheep riding my bike across the moor.
Did you see a sheep actually on it pedaling, or was you on the bike it when you saw it standing on the moor.

nickkuk

Just to add to the B&W discussion, maybe the box art is affecting peoples recollection of the film. I have the 50th Anniversary blu-ray version and all the movie stills on the back of the slipcover and the sleeve are black and white. When I bought the disk I did wonder if it was a B&W version of the film, or had a B&W version included, but it is colour. I found an online copy of the box art:

I'm looking forward to this in 4K, so far Sony have done an excellent job with their 4K remasters, and its a film I can watch over and over and not get tired of it. Hopefully Where Eagles Dare will also get the UHD/Atmos treatment sometime in the future.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: We review Dune and ask which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom