The Green Knight (2021) (4K UHD/Blu-ray Steelbooks)

RedDevil85

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Purchase links: (Knight Edition) Amazon.co.uk - HMV - Zavvi

(Sir Gawain Edition) Amazon.co.uk - HMV - Zavvi

Release date: 06/06/2022

Knight Edition:
TGK (Knight Edition).jpg

Sir Gawain Edition:
TGK (Sir Gawain Edition).jpg

Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
I read elsewhere that this will be available from HMV too. That J-card mock up implies the front will be titleless.

I have ordered the Sir Gawain edition - loved this film, one of the best of 2021 in my opinion.

HMV

Knight

Sir Gawain

Man, this was a complete snooze fest. I liked The Witch btw but this one was a total B*tch lol.

Zavvi must of run out of their usual envelopes cos mine copy of TGK just turned up in this.
image.jpg

Zavvi must of run out of their usual envelopes cos mine copy of TGK just turned up in this.
View attachment 1702552
That's because your order was dispatched from THG warrington warehouse and not from Zavvi warehouse in Guernsey
Note the return address label on your parcel it has THG warrington

Only Zavvi Guernsey warehouse use the steelbook box packaging

Zavvi orders sometimes can be dispatched from THG in Warrington but most will be from from Zavvi Guernsey

Only THG warrington provides tracked shipping on some orders
When a order is dispatched from Zavvi Guernsey tracked shipping is not provided

Last edited:
Double-sided embossing, wasn't expecting that, looks very nice from the pics posted on the insta account below :)

Wow, so they are in fact the same steelbook. The Knight version has the spine (and presumably inside art) upside down.

Also, the UK discs do not have Dolby Vision or Atmos. The US ones do.

Wow, so they are in fact the same steelbook. The Knight version has the spine (and presumably inside art) upside down.

Also, the UK discs do not have Dolby Vision or Atmos. The US ones do.

Lack of Dolby Vision and Atmos is the nail in the coffin. Glad I cancelled my preorder now.

Entertainment in Video distribution are the worst distributors going. They usually don’t bother with any 4K releases and when they do its a mess like this. Other releases like Moonfall barebones bluray with no extra features and no 4K like the rest of the world. Wish they would give up and give the rights to other distributors.

The “Knight” edition is now in stock and is available with 12% off in the Zavvi app.

Knight and Gawain are of course the same once opened.

Last edited:
Received today in the oversized box. I do like the concept of the steelbook, something a little different compared to some of the lazy designs we get.

Got the Gawain edition loved the film (even though it is slow) but haven't opened it yet can't believe there's no Dolby vision but is on the US version. WTF

I am watching this now and it DOES have Dolby Vision, just not Dolby Atmos audio.

EDIT
What a very strange film. I'm not sure whether I liked it or not. It was certainly slow-paced and it was definitely different from anything else I've seen. It had a very surreal atmosphere to it which made it memorable at least. Will need to rewatch it at some point as I'm not sure I quite understood the ending...

Last edited:
I am watching this now and it DOES have Dolby Vision, just not Dolby Atmos audio.
Ah, so it does! Apologies for the misinformation. This was based on the fact that the Dolby Vision logo is completely missing from the the UK release.

This is weird my copy does not have Dolby vision. I turned it on on my x700 and everything is too dark. Checked the disk and no mention of DV. Very curious

With a Panasonic player it automatically detects and enables DV. I take it you have tried manually enabling DV on the Sony?

With a Panasonic player it automatically detects and enables DV. I take it you have tried manually enabling DV on the Sony?
Yes I did just to check but it definitely seems to be forcing it. Crushed blacks etc

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom