The GREAT Flickr Comments and Faves Race.........

stevegreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Normally I shy away from those groups on Flickr that have rules like 'Add 1, comment on 70, Fave 30' and those 'Award' groups that have all those silly graphics, but, on one of my latest uploads I decided to have a bit of a play and see just how many comments I could generate by adding the photo to some of these groups.

So, this got me thinking, wouldn't it be a bit of fun to set a date to upload a photo and then try your hardest to get as many comments and faves as possible in a set period of time b adding it to all of these groups?

Guidelines

1/ The shot can be newly uploaded from midnight tonight (03/05/08) up until midnight on 10/05/08
2/ It HAS to be a new shot, not posted on Flickr before
3/ There is no limit to the amount of tags it has or groups that it is placed in
4/ If you add it to a group, it MUST follow the rules of that group
5/ The shot must be posted in this thread
6/ ONLY Flickr can be used to pimp your photo, the shot should not be linked on ANY other site other than this one and in this thread.
7/ Tag your entry AVFSILLYCOMP
8/ After the week is done (ie 7 days from posting to finish) the results should be posted on this thread, after which the winner of the 'Flickr Pimping Crown' will be announced!

That's all I can think of, it's not going to be an exact science but I'm sure we can have some fun with it.

I like the idea of this but some of us have pathetically small contacts lists.
Can we have a bit of time to plan a strategy? Have a look for some groups and stuff. Maybe you could share some group names to put us on the right path? Just to even out the playing field.;)

I don't think having a massive contact list helps that much to be honest. I have a rather large one (ooeeerrr) but normally there are only a select few that will comment so in the whole scheme of things it shouldn't make too much difference.

If you do a group search for Invite or Award or Fave then the bigger ones are easy to find ;)

Yep I ma up for it. :thumbsup:

Other good points are meta tags...........:smashin:

"I love HDR"
"Look at my cat"
"365"
"Flickr nude!"
"Woman, girls, drink"

Lets play with flickr....:thumbsup:

I am thinking maybe posting an image that you already have again !!!

But taking the lowest viewed image and reposting it as it is....:D

I'm a Flickr whore anyway, I like to get em out there :laugh:

Heres some groups gauranteed to get you a few comments anyway (or graphics :D )

Global Village 2

A+++ Photo

Amazing Shots!

Fl♥ckr Hearts

Ultimate GOLD

Those look like rewarding groups :laugh:

I am thinking maybe posting an image that you already have again !!!

But taking the lowest viewed image and reposting it as it is....:D

I was thinking that maybe you could post an existing image but thats probably a bit sad and they might already be in some of those groups. As for using one without many views I think that would detract from the fun as it might still not get many views even in those groups.

I reckon a decent image will get much higher views/comments/faves making it more fun :D

I've started!!

:thumbsup:

Man, there's some people in these "score me, love me, aren't I great" groups take life just a little toooooo seriously :rotfl:

This may end in a ban in some of them. :devil:

I've started!!

:thumbsup:

Man, there's some people in these "score me, love me, aren't I great" groups take life just a little toooooo seriously :rotfl:

This may end in a ban in some of them. :devil:

Its ok we will be joining you shortly !

What image did you go with ?

How bad would it be to use the text of one of those chain letter things, telling people that if they view/reward my photo, then little Johnny's days in hospital will be so much easier and they should tell all their friends too. Might even imply I'll donate 10p to some childrens hospital for every view I get and a fiver for every reward.:devil:

Of course, I won't.:rolleyes:;)

Righto, we need to set some guides out here methinks:

1/ The shot can be newly uploaded from midnight tonight (03/05/08) up until midnight on 10/05/08
2/ It HAS to be a new shot, not posted on Flickr before
3/ There is no limit to the amount of tags it has or groups that it is placed in
4/ If you add it to a group, it MUST follow the rules of that group
5/ The shot must be posted in this thread
6/ ONLY Flickr can be used to pimp your photo, the shot should not be linked on ANY other site other than this one and in this thread.
7/ Tag your entry AVFSILLYCOMP
8/ After the week is done (ie 7 days from posting to finish) the results should be posted on this thread, after which the winner of the 'Flickr Pimping Crown' will be announced!

That's all I can think of, it's not going to be an exact science but I'm sure we can have some fun with it.

Sounds like fun - Might have to have a dig around to see if I have a shot suitable.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom