The Grand Tour (Amazon)

A decent episode IMO. I too like having the amp on and watching it at high volume. Makes those engines sound and feel great.

One reason why I dread the day of full electric :(

I will be buying one of the last petrol engines cars on 31st December 2039 lol :thumbsup::rotfl:

That Lambo was immense though :cool:

Lol ....

Was it my imagination, or did the Jag have a roof folded down?

Was it my imagination, or did the Jag have a roof folded down?
It did look as though there was a cream tonneau cover hiding a hood, although they said it was not a road car.

I reckon they are now as good as anything they did on top gear , roll on season 3 !!!!

Good ep, enjoyed the Celebs, who doesn't like magic :)
The woman in the audience, oops :D

Lucky if I see it before Sunday teatime , 2 nightshifts to do and England to watch when I dig myself up Sunday dinnertime , the joys of shift work

Great episode this week, I actually quite enjoy the guests section interviews just not bothered about the laps.

The guests tend to be really random though & mostly picked by Clarkson for his personal taste. The 2 drummers last week were of no interest to me whatsoever.

I’ve only watched the Anthony Joshua & Keifer Sutherland one but as mentioned the interviewing was poor as they only talked about stupid stuff so a waste really.

Great show and an integral part of our Friday nights...but my Mrs is a strange one. she seems to think that
the parts like the jet engine blowing the planes over are totally random and not set up...
:rolleyes:

Mrs is a strange one. she seems to think that
the parts like the jet engine blowing the planes over are totally random and not set up...
:rolleyes:
That's the target audience the show made for :laugh:

Not too bad for a scripted part. As for the X on the hand trick I wonder if they had shook hands before and he places it on him then, as to the one he took off it could have been a special marker which rubbed out easy.

Not too bad for a scripted part. As for the X on the hand trick I wonder if they had shook hands before and he places it on him then, as to the one he took off it could have been a special marker which rubbed out easy.

& what about the lottery ticket ?

I’m sure there is a simple explanation?

OK, I'll elaborate. I watched the most recent show and found it rather lacking, especially compared to the previous episode which was excellent.

The Jag/Bugatti bit was interesting, but I thought it would have been better if there had been a proper comparison with a modern-day car, instead of a tiny bit at the end when we saw a McLaren but JC didn't go into any detail.

They did a car-on-water bit on TG years ago, with the Toyboata and the other cars and that was actually pretty good. This was not. The bit where they "accidentally" knocked the planes over was annoying (I've never liked the sheer amount of waste that TG/TGT have generated in the name of "humour"). And the part where they strapped the jet engine to the back of whatever vehicle it was and it didn't work was pointless as it didn't actually work.

And that was that. I lost interest after that. I never bother with the studio segments are they go on forever, so all in all, it wasn't a good episode.

The most annoying thing about TGT for me is how inconsistent it is. Sometimes it's very good, as last week. Then the next week, it's terrible.

& what about the lottery ticket ?

I’m sure there is a simple explanation?
set up before hand? I seen some of these sort of tricks where it looks random and they had accomplices.
I think there was one on a train where someone at a station gets someone to pick a card at random and someone in the audience sends a message to someone on the train and they stick the card on the window of the train. (something like that anyway)

Thought the first series was pretty underwhelming, this one hasn’t been much better. Glad they got rid of that twit American driver and that ridiculous celebrity brain crash segment, both were awful. Conversation Street is boring and tiresome too. Unfortunately their replacements aren’t much of an improvement.

The whole show is just a “rinse and repeat” formula of what they’ve already done before, how many times do we need to see some silly pointless race between a car and a train, plane or whatever else?

The whole show is just a “rinse and repeat” formula of what they’ve already done before, how many times do we need to see some silly pointless race between a car and a train, plane or whatever else?
And its always a near run thing and the same person always wins (well the ones I seen).

May I suggest that anyone who doesn't like the show , that they stop watching it , thankyou [emoji106]

May I suggest that Paulyoung666 get a job at INGSOC:laugh:

Ya gonna have to explain that lol [emoji28][emoji28][emoji28]

Ingsoc.jpg

I wish that female driver would stop those stupid one liners before her lap. I liked the stig, nice and quiet. :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom