Quantcast

The Grand Retro Gaming Thread!

Mezuri

Formerly 'Switchberry'
From Magnavox Odyssey and the endless stream of Pong consoles to the days of the PS2, original Xbox and GameCube. Discuss the classics and pour your memories out here!

Last edited:

Kieron

Go ahead :)

dannius

If you’re interested in retro gaming I’m a big fan of Digital Foundry’s DF Retro videos. The host John Linneman is really knowledgeable and his passion for all things retro is infectious. Worth a look.

Mezuri

Formerly 'Switchberry'
If you’re interested in retro gaming I’m a big fan of Digital Foundry’s DF Retro videos. The host John Linneman is really knowledgeable and his passion for all things retro is infectious. Worth a look.
I've seen some of those videos! Ahoy makes some pretty solid content too.

pRot3us

Distinguished Member
An absolutely essential channel is Retroware

Their The Video Game Years series is fantastic, starting with 1977 :

The 80s episodes are also available on Amazon Prime.

Mezuri

Formerly 'Switchberry'
An absolutely essential channel is Retroware

Their The Video Game Years series is fantastic, starting with 1977 :

The 80s episodes are also available on Amazon Prime.
Yes! I've watched some of them on Prime. Probably my favourite retrospectives of the 80s gaming scene.

lpoolm

Just picked up an RG350 gaming console. Very good, well built system. £60, found a seller that said it was sent from Ireland so took a week to deliver, beter then a few weeks from China.
Only used the stock system so far but will be adding PS1 and mainly Amiga now over the weekend.

NMF

Space Invaders on Atari 2600 :)
My brother and i use to play for hours think it had 112 different modes between single and two player.

Last edited:

MrNismo

I bought a friend's Pandora box 6s off him at Christmas for £60

Favourite game on it at present is Metal Slug and ....

My 8 and 11 yr old love it

Also had this for a while

tazmago

Recently purchased a GKD350H from Droidboxuk, £65 in their year end sale, delivered next day. Great little handheld. Besides the usual consoles, I’m really enjoying replaying some older arcade games from my youth on Mame/FBA. This handheld only has one set of shoulder buttons, so some PS1 games are difficult to play, you can remap some buttons but still not great. Fortunately I didn’t buy it for PS1 games :). Great battery life too, getting around 8 hours.

duncfunk

Just picked up an RG350 gaming console. Very good, well built system. £60, found a seller that said it was sent from Ireland so took a week to deliver, beter then a few weeks from China.
Only used the stock system so far but will be adding PS1 and mainly Amiga now over the weekend.
How are you finding the RG350? I've just ordered one from AliExpress as all the reviews I've seen have been great. Had a couple of coupons to use so got the console with a 32gb card and 2500 games installed plus a case for 65 euros. There also seems to be some cool mods available like low profile analogue sticks and custom faceplates and buttons.

lpoolm

How are you finding the RG350? I've just ordered one from AliExpress as all the reviews I've seen have been great. Had a couple of coupons to use so got the console with a 32gb card and 2500 games installed plus a case for 65 euros. There also seems to be some cool mods available like low profile analogue sticks and custom faceplates and buttons.
I love it! Just added amiga to it so I'm sorted now! That and ps1!
I feel its cheap for what you get not looked into them mods yet, happy at the moment but might see if they make a difference.
My only complaint is hdmi output doesn't work, I think I would have used that!

tim68

I have a collection of Mean Machines and Mean Machines: Sega magazines, I thought they had great editors and writers, still find myself reading the reviews from time to time. thought I had some Sega Power magazines somewhere but I may have thrown them out during a clean out.

recently bought the Sega Mega-Drive mini, loving that at the moment and will try and mod it at a later date to add some more games. and a few other mini consoles inc both the Nintendo minis