The Grammys

L

laurathegenie

Just had to say I'm so glad that Norah Jones and Avril Lavigne have both got five nominations because their albums are fab! Still hope the Dixie Chicks do well cos they're my favourite band. Everytime I listen to 'Cold Day in July' it makes me cry. No one over here seems have to heard of them though. Buy their albums they're fantastic (this is coming from someone who used to hate country music!) Not anymore. :)

Laura

I looked through the Grammy nominations and they really are a bit of a joke... I mean, Vanessa Carlton up for Record of the Year and Song of the Year for 'A Thousand Miles'? It sounds like a re-write of every 80s US TV show theme tune mixed into one song.

Plus there's three nominations for the worst song of last year, 'Hero' by Chud Krapper (and that's not counting that other abomination he sang on with Nickelback).

And as for the 5 'Best Dance' tracks, Lord alive, what were they thinking... No Doubt's 'Hella Good' is not even dance music.

Originally posted by laurathegenie
this is coming from someone who used to hate country music!
I don't like the Dixie Chicks much but Lonestar did a similar thing to me. Always hated country & western until Lonestar. Try them if you haven't already. Particularly the Lonely Grill album :)

Love Avril Lavigne, Norah Jones and Vanessa Carlton too :)

even Slash got a nomination....

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom