Question The Goonies 4K UHD - FAULT at 1:00:59 - WB are Replacing Faulty Discs

fallinlight

Cheers dude! GOOOONIES!!!

Good work to you to for testing and providing your valuable feedback above, too. I was a little surprised to be honest. I did not link this thread (I would have if they became difficult), but it certainly seems like other's complained and or WB knew about the fault.

:thumbsup:

spikecast

I just received good news and a good response from HMV about the fault:

"Dear...

Thanks for getting in touch.

We were sorry to hear of the manufacturing fault with your recent order of Goonies (hmv exclusive) Cine Edition and on behalf of both hmv and our suppliers, we offer our sincere apologies for any disappointment as a result of this.

In order to correct this error, the supplier has confirmed that a replacement disc will be available upon request - to request a replacement disc, please send an email to [[email protected]][email protected] by Monday 5th October 2020 with the following details:

Enter the email subject as 'Goonies Replacement disc'
  • Include your full postal address for the booklet to be delivered to
  • Please forward a copy of the confirmation email for your hmv order as proof of purchase
Once your request has been received, the supplier will work hard to get a replacement disc to you at the first opportunity.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention for correction. We do hope that this has helped but please feel free to contact us again should you require any further assistance.

Kind regards,

Ian @ hmv Customer Service

Customer Service Team".
There seems to be two email addresses on there?

fallinlight

There seems to be two email addresses on there?
Yes the Sony one does not work, but you are/ other's are welcome to try it. WB is the one that counts I believe.

Very best

wizball1974

I have the Cine edition from HMV.

On XBox One I saw no evidence of glitch.

On Panasonic DMP UB390 I didn't notice anything on first check, but at second attempt saw a flash of distortion. No pause or other obvious sign - just momentary visual wibble.

fallinlight

I have the Cine edition from HMV.

On XBox One I saw no evidence of glitch.

On Panasonic DMP UB390 I didn't notice anything on first check, but at second attempt saw a flash of distortion. No pause or other obvious sign - just momentary visual wibble.
Cheers @wixball1974, so it is player related. Did you re-run the disc at the timestamp on your Xbox One to make sure you definitely don't have the glitch with it?

HMV responded to me and WB will replace faulty discs, if you missed my earlier post, please read several posts back. Hopefully my replacement disc works fine.

jimbean9

Thank you for that, @jimbean9. Yes, if that is at the 1:00:59, which I think it is based on the frame, then it is the same fault present on mine and other's discs.
Cheers @wixball1974, so it is player related. Did you re-run the disc at the timestamp on your Xbox One to make sure you definitely don't have the glitch with it?

HMV responded to me and WB will replace faulty discs, if you missed my earlier post, please read several posts back. Hopefully my replacement disc works fine.
Did you get a response from your email?

fallinlight

Did you get a response from your email?
Yes, but just an automated response that reads,

"Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting the Warner Bros Consumer Enquiries department at Technicolor.

Please be assured that we have received your email and one of our team will aim to respond to you and assist by the end of the next working day.

Kind regards,

Warner Bros Consumer Enquiries
Customer Services Department
Technicolor Distribution Services
Rugby".

I forget, do you have the glitch? If so, did you email them, too?

fallinlight

been reading the post and im glad things have turned out just right, good for hmv in coming forwards and sorting things out,
Will have to wait for the replacement disc first though, to see if the fault is gone.

wizball1974

I did play it back more than once in Xbox, but spotted nothing. I bought this as a gift and I am not 100% sure what player the recipient owns, so I may request 'fixed' disc to be on safe side.

Thanks for sharing info about replacements.

fallinlight

I did play it back more than once in Xbox, but spotted nothing. I bought this as a gift and I am not 100% sure what player the recipient owns, so I may request 'fixed' disc to be on safe side.

Thanks for sharing info about replacements.
You are most welcome. All the very best with your copies.

spikecast

fallinlight

Same.

:)

fallinlight

fallinlight

Well done @andrewjh009, WB messed up my order so it was reset and apparently sent out 2 days ago. I am expecting it today, too, hopefully.

That is a waste using such a large box for just a UHD, sad to see.

Please let the thread know if the glitch is gone.

andrewjh009

Ah, now could just be my player but unfortunately the fault appears to be still present and just as severe.

Will reply to the email address as they were asking to send a reply once replacement received.

fallinlight

Ah, now could just be my player but unfortunately the fault appears to be still present and just as severe.

Will reply to the email address as they were asking to send a reply once replacement received.
Thank you for the update - I figured there would still be a chance of it existing. As I assume they just sent out a an existing copy from stock. Please let us know what they say.

andrewjh009

Will do, I’ve checked the Physical discs to see if there’s Any difference in batch/serial numbers and both appear to be exactly the same in terms of numbering.

jimbean9

Received my replacement discs from Warner bros, they actually sent me 2 full copies of the 4k with slips for some reason :clap:

They sent them in the worlds largest boxes.

fallinlight

Received my replacement discs from Warner bros, they actually sent me 2 full copies of the 4k with slips for some reason :clap:

They sent them in the worlds largest boxes.
Excellent. Would you be so kind to check your second disc if your first does not work? I am currently ripping my replacement disc (arrived earlier today, too). Got a feeling it will be the same.

Same serials here too, @andrewjh009.

Yes, a stupid waste of plastic and paper.