The Goonies 2 (TBA)

NNNNOOOOOOOOOO. !!!!!!!!!!!!

This must never happen.

Carl

I honestly think if done right this could work and introduce a whole new generation to the Goonies. Fingers crossed.

I honestly think if done right this could work and introduce a whole new generation to the Goonies. Fingers crossed.

Agree. If done correctly it could just work. I'm sure most of the actors would jump at the chance as apart from a couple of them none of the others have done anything else of note.

This has been going on for years. Please dont!

I know there's been talk of a sequel for many years but if it does happen and is done right it really could be a winner.

I can envisage The Goonies kids all going on their own adventure and crooks hunting them down with The Goonies saving the day.

A sequel would clearly sell tickets and I hope if it does happen, that it's done with the right intentions in mind. It's almost 30 years since the original was released so there's no better time to do it.

A sequel would clearly sell tickets

That's the real reason behind it.

But being a super fan I think time has past just like the fourth Indiana Jones , I think if they do it then reboot it for a new generation.

Hey we will see.

it wont work, the original kids had a innocent charm and excellent chemistry. Now they'd all be justin beaver/Miley cyrus clones on their iphones and just annoying as fark.

I'd rather watch the original cast as 30-40 somethings now getting into another adventure I think . . . . .then again it would still probably suck like the Lost boys sequels.

Richard Donner says the idea behind 'The Goonies 2' came from Steven Spielberg

corey feldman could do with the work after his dismal performance on dancing on ice. :laugh:

No script yet but with what Frank Marshall is saying it will most likely be a reboot

Sean Astin
“It’s always possible. I will say that it’s likely that it will happen. I don’t know when, but I have always had confidence that that sequel will happen mostly because Steven Spielberg, from the time when I was a kid, told me he wanted it to happen and has never changed his opinion.”

“What I would love to see is a Goonies animated series, and I would love to play Mikey. I do a lot of voiceover characters, and I play younger characters with my voice, and that would be meta.”
Sean Astin Says 'Goonies' Sequel Is Likely Because Goonies Never Say Die

The original spans generations easily and a sequel is definitely not needed to introduce the current generation.

Most kids today will have parents who were children of the 80's and have no doubt sat through it. Mine are 11 and 8 and have seen it multiple times.

is Dennis Nedry homaging the Goonies in Jurassic Park?

Amazing Goonies Easter Egg Discovered in Jurassic Park

DNovRbgXUAAw8F_.jpg

Last edited:
Mind blown.

I hear he's up for a lead role in the new remake of The Blob [emoji39]

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom