• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

The Goonies 2 (TBA)

D

Deleted member 45086

NNNNOOOOOOOOOO. !!!!!!!!!!!!

This must never happen.

Carl

Amity chief

I honestly think if done right this could work and introduce a whole new generation to the Goonies. Fingers crossed.

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
I honestly think if done right this could work and introduce a whole new generation to the Goonies. Fingers crossed.

Agree. If done correctly it could just work. I'm sure most of the actors would jump at the chance as apart from a couple of them none of the others have done anything else of note.

PA77ULY

Banned
I know there's been talk of a sequel for many years but if it does happen and is done right it really could be a winner.

I can envisage The Goonies kids all going on their own adventure and crooks hunting them down with The Goonies saving the day.

A sequel would clearly sell tickets and I hope if it does happen, that it's done with the right intentions in mind. It's almost 30 years since the original was released so there's no better time to do it.

bash

it wont work, the original kids had a innocent charm and excellent chemistry. Now they'd all be justin beaver/Miley cyrus clones on their iphones and just annoying as fark.

I'd rather watch the original cast as 30-40 somethings now getting into another adventure I think . . . . .then again it would still probably suck like the Lost boys sequels.

Lion

corey feldman could do with the work after his dismal performance on dancing on ice. :laugh:

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
Sean Astin
“It’s always possible. I will say that it’s likely that it will happen. I don’t know when, but I have always had confidence that that sequel will happen mostly because Steven Spielberg, from the time when I was a kid, told me he wanted it to happen and has never changed his opinion.”

“What I would love to see is a Goonies animated series, and I would love to play Mikey. I do a lot of voiceover characters, and I play younger characters with my voice, and that would be meta.”
Sean Astin Says 'Goonies' Sequel Is Likely Because Goonies Never Say Die

roymunsen

The original spans generations easily and a sequel is definitely not needed to introduce the current generation.

Most kids today will have parents who were children of the 80's and have no doubt sat through it. Mine are 11 and 8 and have seen it multiple times.

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
is Dennis Nedry homaging the Goonies in Jurassic Park?

Amazing Goonies Easter Egg Discovered in Jurassic Park

DNovRbgXUAAw8F_.jpg

Last edited:

mentasm

Distinguished Member
Mind blown.

mentasm

Distinguished Member
I hear he's up for a lead role in the new remake of The Blob [emoji39]

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom