1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

the goodies

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by j cab, Mar 21, 2003.

1. j cab

j cab

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  2. Virgin Fairy

Virgin Fairy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Goody Goody Yum Yum!:laugh: Anyone remember the sketch they did about Jack & The Beanstalk? Classic!:D

3. Huey Clogg

Huey Clogg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I can't believe this has taken so long before someone decided to release it. Some classic stuff here, all to distant in my memories, though i do remember a rather large cat in one episode..........a must buy for any British comedy fan

4. muppetmick

muppetmick
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've been telling my kids how great tv comedy was in my younger days.Can't wait for the release,why did it take so long?Does anyone know if anything else is coming?

5. NicolasB

NicolasB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +669
    Good stuff. Much funnier than the great majority of the original "Monty Python" TV series (which preceded it) and hugely much funnier than the likes of "The Young Ones" (that followed it).

6. CooperUK

CooperUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cheaper here at play

1p cheaper than at play here for all you cost concious people out there :D

Never heard of this second lot before so who knows what they are like.

7. barnabybear

barnabybear

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Never mind releasing selected episodes - what about releasing the lot!
    I have to say though, I'm a bit concerned that a second viewing of these programmes might show that they have aged too much, I loved them as a kid but I don't know if they will prove to have lasted the test of time.

By the way, anyone remember two episodes - the Black & White Minstrel one and another one where they emigrated to Pakistan (Something on the lines of because everyone there had come to Britain) I have my doubts either of those would be released nowadays - it just wouldn't be regarded as funny (The last one especially)

8. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,470
    I just though two of the most memorable ones were 'Kitten Kong', and 'Ecky Thump'. Then I looked over at the link and them and yours is on the DVD. :smashin:

9. NicolasB

NicolasB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +669
    They released a couple of episodes on video about 18 months ago, which I watched then. I think they hold up remarkably well. In particular "Gunfight at the OK tearooms" was endlessly inventive. Quite extraordinary how many different gags they managed to get out of the fact that their mule was actually stuffed rather than alive. :)

For its time "The Goodies" was actually quite politically conscious, too. There was a famous joke about a south african piano which has all the white keys up one end and all the black keys down the other end - at the time that was radical stuff.