• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

The Good Wife (Channel Four Pace)

darkcloud2011

About to watch this and thought I would like a place to discuss this. What are peoples thought's on this so far. Please place any spoilers in tags please.

krish

Distinguished Member
Nice show :smashin:, have been watching at US pace ... not particularly original with the plethora of US legal dramas ... but great perormances (JM won a Golden Globe the other day for her lead role), and maintains your interest with the way she and her investigator (Brit actress Archie Punjabi) get their clients aquitted

Not too impressed by the underlying arc of her digraced DA husband's conviction/framing/conpiracy as it is dragging on and on and on .... - but that's a minor quibble ;)

darkcloud2011

Just watched the first episode thoroughly enjoyed it. Can remember JM from her days in ER liked her in that and if this shows keeps going the way it is it may turn out to be her best work yet. :smashin:

Razor

Distinguished Member
I didnt realise The Good Wife was a legal drama. I thought it was about cooking and cleaning a home. :confused: :devil:

krish

Distinguished Member
Can remember JM from her days in ER liked her in that and if this shows keeps going the way it is it may turn out to be her best work yet. :smashin:
Just about a year before this series she was another defence lawyer (and title character) in a series called Canterbury's Law ... was pretty good (though she wasn't a "good wife" and was a bit of a maverick) but cancelled after about 6 or 7 eps; if it was still running, perhaps there was someone else originally in mind as the Good Wife
- worth 'aquiring' if you haven't caught it already, not sure if it ever aired in the UK

Another thing she was in a few years ago was The Grid - a thriller miniseries, not bad ... less gritty than Sleeper Cell, but more realistic than 24 - she was a CIA agent (or DOD or Homeland Security or whatever ...)

nwgarratt

Distinguished Member
Are they repeating the first episode again? I wanted to see the Ginger (Katharine Isabelle) part in it.

domtheone

Distinguished Member
I didnt realise The Good Wife was a legal drama. I thought it was about cooking and cleaning a home. :confused: :devil:

No that is The Good Life :)

:D When I first saw this advertised I thought it said The Good Life.

Was looking forward to seeing Felicity Kendal again. Such a hottie back then:devil:

Razor

Distinguished Member
:D When I first saw this advertised I thought it said The Good Life.

Was looking forward to seeing Felicity Kendal again. Such a hottie back then:devil:

I used to like that show as a kid. I must admit the title of this show has totally put me off for some reason.

neroon

seems like a regular mainstream legal drama to me with no discernible edge . I gave up within half-an-hour killing time until the repeat of Sons of Anarchy came on. now that's a good show.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom