The Good Girl

B

bobbles

I've just noticed this has been released

Has anyone seen it, I heard it was pretty good

I know you've already seen this one Bobbles, but I thought I'd post my review here rather than starting a new thread ;)

I watched the DVD this evening and found it very refreshing. I found it a cross between Raising Arizona, American Beauty, Fargo, The Ice Storm, Lantana and Magnolia - or within that kinda ballpark as it seemed to have elements of all these movies blended together into a giant trifle that tasted terrific!

Solid performances throughout, as well as lots of black humour help to make this movie a real winner.

Just don't expect too much before you see it and let yourself soak in the atmosphere of it all - the dialogue and the characters - and you'll love it.

But be warned - it's not a movie that will appeal to everyone due to its slow paced nature and heavy character focus.

Transfer seemed very good to me as well, especially considering the movie and extras are on a single layer (region 1 is a double-sided disk).

This is a definitely a director I'd like to see more output from :)

just to point out I posted that before I saw it

people may think I am quite odd to ask that having seen it

I thought Jake was superb as was rather suprisingly Mrs Pitt

Just seen Chicago and the hubby from good girl plays another dumb hubby being cheated on.

The young co-worker at the supermarket was well funny

Originally posted by bobbles
Just seen Chicago and the hubby from good girl plays another dumb hubby being cheated on.
You mean John C. Reilly?

He's in loads of things... The Perfect Storm, Magnolia, Never Been Kissed, Boogie Nights ...

A top actor. I'd like to see him in more movies actually.

The young co-worker at the supermarket was well funny
She cracked me up all the time too, as did the boss with some of his announcements :D

So many great characters in The Good Girl!

oh the boss was fantastic at the end with his message to the staff. I spat my drink everywhere.

You mean John C. Reilly?

is that his name, i couldn't be arsed to look on IMDB

actually I am sitting next to Boogie Nights, Magnolia etc :rolleyes:

yeah he is a fine actor I just can not help thinking he was a little wasted in both roles

I don't remember him in never been kissed, was he her boss??

oh the boss was fantastic at the end with his message to the staff. I spat my drink everywhere.
Ditto :D In fact, I skipped back a bit to make double sure I heard rightly! :D

actually I am sitting next to Boogie Nights, Magnolia etc :rolleyes:
I think Boogie Nights is probably his biggest role (if you'll excuse the pun :D) followed by Magnolia.

I don't remember him in never been kissed, was he her boss??
Yes, I think so but I've only seen it once, so maybe my memory is a bit hazy.

Agree with the above that this film is well worth a view. It is focused on the mundanity of life in a listless marriage and on those in dead end jobs, but it's much more than that. Jennifer Anniston plays, with ease, the part of a childless wife feeling the seven year itch. And is supported by an excellant ensemble cast of fruit bats:)
This has quirks aplenty with one liners paced well throughout to stop a viewer from realising too hard and fast, that there aren't explosions and gun chases keeping them awake. In fact, there are some absolute corking lines which can catch you off guard, as bobbles notes, and have you spraying a beverage or choking on a pretzel - should you be Mr President. From reasons why; women should get Draino to clean their dirty pipes, to the distractive hazards of owning a large dog whilst 'on the job' and onto why it's a good idea to take your missus with you so's you can hold her boob to enable giving a sperm sample:blush: :D
It's an ideal film to watch with a partner, should you have one, but more than simply a chick flick.
All in all, a cheap dvd that's rich on humour and personality:)

I ordered this a week ago from CDWow, on the advice of Mr Squirrel.
I got an email saying it was out of stock, but they would have supplies by 24 Jan. I got another email today saying stock would not arrive until 25 Feb!!!

Damn you all:mad:

Bugger I was just going to order this as well :( Oh Baby and my unlimited love to you all.

Originally posted by kevb
Oh Baby and my unlimited love to you all.

Look for the last time; if you hadn't swallowed that earth quake device for vocal effect and stayed away from that fridge for Mr luv Creosote stylie, you wouldn't need to creep with your unlimited lurve vibe to try and score a kidney.
{said in Mr T voice} It aint gonna work sucker:mad: :D

Kev, it's worth hanging out for - Matron :eek:

Having been told by CDWow that they would have no stock until 25 Feb, I have now had an email saying it is on its way:D

Mc thanks for the info my unlimited love to you, Oh Baby. It's time to place that order then. CD-WOW, their Sexy and their warm, Oh Baby.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom