The Godfather Trilogy (1972-1990) 4K UHD

Amazon kindly sent me a new copy despite being outside the 30 day window, however, the issue remains on this set so I'll send this back and keep my original copy.

It's odd, it only appears for about 4-5 seconds, but I thought it was a problem with the disc. It may just be on the film print, or it's a layer change issue, or part of a bad batch, but I have no idea what it is. Or perhaps it's only on the blu ray and not the 4k.

Out of interest, would somebody mind looking out for this on your copy of The Godfather Part 2 when watching this on either 4k or regular blu ray? Couple of photos below. Happens at 1 hour 46 minutes 27-32 seconds (roughly).
As far as I'm aware, it's always been a problem with the original film. (It appears on all my DVD/blu-ray copies.) As this shot might be stock footage, I presumed it was a fault with the clip they acquired. Happy to be proved wrong though, but thought they might have fixed this for the 4K, what with all the digital repair tools available now.

As far as I'm aware, it's always been a problem with the original film. (It appears on all my DVD/blu-ray copies.) As this shot might be stock footage, I presumed it was a fault with the clip they acquired. Happy to be proved wrong though, but thought they might have fixed this for the 4K, what with all the digital repair tools available now.
you're right. It's also on a youtube video of that scene.

Attachments

• TG_4K_US.jpg
    TG_4K_US.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 306
  • TGP2_4K_US.jpg
    TGP2_4K_US.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 288
  • TGCTDoMC_4K_US.jpg
    TGCTDoMC_4K_US.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 347
Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
And we already have American Gangster of course which looks and sounds great in 4K.
Watched my 4k disc of American gangster last night for the first time. Colour rendition a big step up from the blu-ray. The soundtrack is also very good, excellent use of rear surrounds throughout

Standard Individual UK releases now up for pre-order.
Links added to OP.

Release date: 31st October 2022

TGF_4K.jpg

TGF_P2_4K.jpg

TGFC_4K.jpg

Attachments

• TGF_4K (back).jpg
    TGF_4K (back).jpg
    657.5 KB · Views: 17
  • TGF_P2_4K (back).jpg
    TGF_P2_4K (back).jpg
    622.4 KB · Views: 18
  • TGFC_4K (back).jpg
    TGFC_4K (back).jpg
    708.7 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
This feels like the way to go for me because in all honesty I'd probably only watch part 3 once as a curiosity whereas the other two would get multiple rewatches.

This feels like the way to go for me because in all honesty I'd probably only watch part 3 once as a curiosity whereas the other two would get multiple rewatches.
Have you seen part 3 yet though? I'll be watching Coda for the first time shortly but I've seen the original quite a few times and its a better film than many people seem to think.

I enjoyed part 3, back in the day maybe not so much but over time I’d certainly rather have it than not. Still undecided about the Coda ending.

Have you seen part 3 yet though? I'll be watching Coda for the first time shortly but I've seen the original quite a few times and its a better film than many people seem to think.
No, and my days of blind buys are well and truly behind me. I'll give it a look if it's on one the streaming platforms/sky though.

Does Coda improve Sofia Coppola's performance?

No, and my days of blind buys are well and truly behind me. I'll give it a look if it's on one the streaming platforms/sky though.

Does Coda improve Sofia Coppola's performance?
Oh that old chestnut! If you haven't seen the film its best not to believe all the online hyperbole about how bad the film is and how terrible Sofia Coppola is. Because its exactly that - hyperbole. Truth is, Godfather III is a very good film. Its just not the classics that the first two are. And its not as good as Goodfellas released the same year either. But its a very good film nevertheless. Sofia Coppola isn't great in this film but she isn't terrible either - I've seen way worse.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom