1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

the go betweens

Discussion in 'Music & Music Streaming Services' started by Mr Cat, Sep 13, 2004.

1. Mr Cat

Mr Cat
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57
    I've just bought hi-fi choice and there was an article about the go-betweens...

has anyone heard of these..?? - they're a great band, in fact I've ordered their re-issues from amazon (9.99 each)...

I've seen them live at ther riverside on my 19th birthday (1989)...

:thumbsup:

2. matiano

matiano

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have one of their albums (Bright Yellow Bright Orange) and it is pleasant enough easy listening music. I am a huge counting crows fan, and bought the Go Betweens album as a bit of a random purchase after hearing a few references about them iin COunting Crowsy typ situations, if that makes sense. To be honest I havent given the album a 'really good seeing to' maybe it is worth spinning for a few sessions. Which album is it you have/have ordered?

3. Mr Cat

Mr Cat
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57
    they've re-released 3 of their most popular albums (check - http://www.go-betweens.net/)

which are -
    Liberty Belle and the Black Diamond Express
    Tallulah
    16 Lovers Lane

and I've ordered the former 2...!

4. girliedrinker

girliedrinker
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    A former Australian girlfriend once taped a few songs of theirs for me (I think from 16 Lovers Lane) but it wasn't until about five years ago that I bought their Best Of with a bonus disc of acoustic and electric radio sessions, and that impressed me enough to get the two albums since they reformed, The Friends Of Rachel Worth and Bright Yellow Bright Orange. Spring Hill Fair is also pretty good but my favourite material is generally from The Friends Of Rachel Worth, it's a great recording.