The Girl in the Spider’s Web (TBA)

raigraphixs

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Sony Pictures is developing a follow-up to its 2011 mystery thriller that will not be an adaptation of the second or third book in the late author Stieg Larsson’s Millennium series, but instead on David Lagercrantz’s fourquel The Girl in the Spider’s Web.

Steven Knight (Eastern Promises, Locke) in early talks to write the script.

Dragon Tattoo stars Rooney Mara and Daniel Craig are not expected to return, nor is director David Fincher.

Alicia Vikander is being eyed to play Salander.

Published earlier this year, Spider’s Web finds Salander once again teaming up with investigative journalist Mikael Blomkvist, this time getting entangled with spies, cybercriminals, and government agents.

Seems like a bit of a strange move....

Did fillumgeek get back to you about wether he watched Terminator Genysis with laser IMAX or was it standard? I know he seemed pretty sure, but I don't think it was installed at the time he watched It!

Did fillumgeek get back to you about wether he watched Terminator Genysis with laser IMAX or was it standard? I know he seemed pretty sure, but I don't think it was installed at the time he watched It!
Erm... Not sure, can't say I've lost any sleep over it, what does that have to with Sony skipping 2 books and recasting this sequel lol !?

Erm... Not sure, can't say I've lost any sleep over it, what does that have to with Sony skipping 2 books and recasting this sequel lol !?

I wasn't thinking you'd lost any sleep over it! I've just not been posting that much lately..that was one of the thread cliffhangers I last read..want sure what happened next lol

The above has got nothing to do with this flick, although to stay on topic, I will add that it doesn't sound overly fascinating at this stage :)

I wasn't thinking you'd lost any sleep over it! I've just not been posting that much lately..that was one of the thread cliffhangers I last read..want sure what happened next lol

The above has got nothing to do with this flick, although to stay on topic, I will add that it doesn't sound overly fascinating at this stage :)
Hahahahaha, no he opted not to reply, likely because he realised he made an error. His judgement was so clouded by the constant need to rag on TG he obviously lost control of his senses.
Anyway, moving on, I know the follow up books weren't as good as the original, but I'm still quite surprised at this. The American film remake, I thought was really good, if lacking the grunginess but still worthy of at least one sequel...

Hahahahaha, no he opted not to reply, likely because he realised he made an error. His judgement was so clouded by the constant need to rag on TG he obviously lost control of his senses.
Anyway, moving on, I know the follow up books weren't as good as the original, but I'm still quite surprised at this. The American film remake, I thought was really good, if lacking the grunginess but still worthy of at least one sequel...

Looks like 'Geek cocked that one up then.

I've not seen the originals or the remake with Craig. The only espionage type movie on my radar at the mo is the next Bourne :thumbsup:

Looks like 'Geek cocked that one up then.

I've not seen the originals or the remake with Craig. The only espionage type movie on my radar at the mo is the next Bourne :thumbsup:
The book is a terrific read, wouldn't really describe it as espionage, a techno thriller maybe, anyway, book or film (and the original films too) are well worth checking out.

Alicia Vikander has been quoted:

"When Sony approached me with the script for "The mystery of the Empire Laser Imax: Genisys,"

"I said this is the proudest moment of my career to date. Anything I can do to add to the thoughts and ideas of Fillumgeek of AVforums really makes me happy and slightly aroused, if I'm honest."

Sony have confirmed that the backstory to this movie, how an esteemed gentleman was shown Terminator: Genitals at the some auditorium but not with Laser Imax projectors, has not been included in this reboot. Producers felt is was too boring to mention.

Alicia Vikander has been quoted:

"When Sony approached me with the script for "The mystery of the Empire Laser Imax: Genisys,"

"I said this is the proudest moment of my career to date. Anything I can do to add to the thoughts and ideas of Fillumgeek of AVforums really makes me happy and slightly aroused, if I'm honest."

Sony have confirmed that the backstory to this movie, how an esteemed gentleman was shown Terminator: Genitals at the some auditorium but not with Laser Imax projectors, has not been included in this reboot. Producers felt is was too boring to mention.

I picked up Genisys this morning on blu, do you fancy a re-watch?:thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom