The gin lovers thread...

I always squeeze my slice of lime so it's a dash of juice too. :)

Tried Dockyard gin from the Chatham dockyard at the weekend and have now found another to add to my buy again list.
Had with plenty of ice, lemon & orange and a fever tree tonic.

Italian Juniper berries, locally sourced elderflower, Bulgarian Coriander seeds, Spanish orange peel, Italian lemon peel, Guatemala green cardamom, grains of paradise from Africa, European Angelica root and Orris root, our own neutral grain spirit and Kentish chalk filtered water.

Dockyard Gin

Distillery

Topaz Blue a small batch gin available only in Aldi for a frankly giveaway £13.99 for 70cl

This jumps onto my 'would buy again list' 30% cheaper than Bombay Sapphire and at least 50% nicer:

Topaz Blue a small batch gin available only in Aldi for a frankly giveaway £13.99 for 70cl

This jumps onto my 'would buy again list' 30% cheaper than Bombay Sapphire and at least 50% nicer:
Think I'll be giving this a try thank for the heads up.

Tried Dockyard gin from the Chatham dockyard at the weekend and have now found another to add to my buy again list.
Had with plenty of ice, lemon & orange and a fever tree tonic.

Dockyard Gin

Distillery

Did you do the tour around there? Its on my to do list as its pretty local.

Back to favourite gin, mine is Reisetbauer blue gin

Did you do the tour around there? Its on my to do list as its pretty local.

Back to favourite gin, mine is Reisetbauer blue gin

No, although we might visit this year.

I was staying at the Clarendon Royal in Gravesend and it was among a large selection of Gins they stock and would've been rude to not try it :p

In recognition of World Gin Day Ocado are doing some good deals on Bombay Sapphire and Tanqueray

looking forward to trying this one later.

Last edited:
Tried Cruxland last night very nice let me know what u think, did u get it in Morrisons?

Tried it neat last night and really like it, lovely flavours.

How did you have yours as I'm not entirely sure what you add to it and don't want to spoil them flavours.

Only had Lemon in, so fevertree light tonic and lemon, like this a lot I think it maybe better with grapefruit. The flavour of the Gin was nice I thought the Truffle in it came through at the end.

Only had Lemon in, so fevertree light tonic and lemon, like this a lot I think it maybe better with grapefruit. The flavour of the Gin was nice I thought the Truffle in it came through at the end.

Similar tonight with a tall wide glass, lots of ice, 2 good slices of lemon, a few juniper berries and lemon tonic (forgot the fever tree this weekend) and really enjoyed it.
Very enjoyable Gin with nice flavours and one I will be enjoying more this year.

Grapefruit sounds quite nice...One for the weekend.

In rotation, we currently have:

Silent Pool
Gin Mare
Hendricks
St George
Caorunn
Malfy
Jinzu

Unfortunately, I can't get on with tonic water (I've tried a lot of them by this point), it's just too bitter(?) for my palette, so I'm enjoying the Malfy (lemon flavoured) with Sicilian Lemonade at the moment.

In rotation, we currently have:

Silent Pool
Gin Mare
Hendricks
St George
Caorunn
Malfy
Jinzu

Unfortunately, I can't get on with tonic water (I've tried a lot of them by this point), it's just too bitter(?) for my palette, so I'm enjoying the Malfy (lemon flavoured) with Sicilian Lemonade at the moment.
One for each night of the week, I like your style

I had a very nice Hepple gin. It's a fresh drink and most pleasing on the palate

I totally forgot the Edinburgh Gin (very nice) - to cover bank holidays...

I won't list the vodka's ...
Not listing a vodka I tried last night but it was Welsh and comes out of a whisky distillery.....

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom