The gin lovers thread...

hyperfish

Distinguished Member
Received this one as a gift. Haven't yet got around to trying it.

20200805_195720.jpg

IronGiant

edit - i can't see the amazon links i've embedded, can anyone else?
Neither can I. Copy and paste an Amazon link and it gets embedded as a media link which doesn't show with some browsers. Try Control-K instead.

busterbenny2001

Distinguished Member
My partners birthday next week and looking at something “different” for a gin

we have a couple of dozen bottles already and have been to Liverpool and Manchester and made our own, but just wandered I’d anyone had any suggestions of a good gin and matching tonic that I could get for her

Our favourite “day to day” gin tends to be a Hendricks, but we have loads of others that we keep picking up, with these being the four we have “on the go” at moment

View attachment 1345656

Our favourite was always Hendricks now we absolutely love Gin Mare, similar in its clean palette botanicals are herb based and it’s simply stunning served with piles of ice fresh rosemary a squeeze of lime and we use fever tree light unflavoured tonic, it is in our opinion outstanding and a cut above Hendricks, would be interested to see how you think it compares, think I deserve one now.....

nabby

Distinguished Member
Best one we've had recently is the Kew Gardens Organic Gin. But they seem to have stopped making it (possibly COVID-19 related).

My go to is Star of Bombay or Plymouth, but my bargain gin buy is only available abroad or on British Airways (possibly other airlines) - Gordon's Yellow Label Gin

It's usually about £12 a litre.

Flashy

Bought Mrs Flashy a bottle of Opihr and some Fever Tree tonic for her birthday. She's not keen – too peppery. Inclined to agree with her, although while it wouldn't be my first choice after tasting, I don't mind it.

End result is that I've got myself a bottle of gin for my wife's birthday.

rousetafarian

Perfect time of year to crack open a 2019 bottling of homemade damson gin, no mixer needed. Warming and syrupy, a little bitter yet a layer of sweetness. It’s quite complex tbh

7794CAA4-64F2-4EE7-A54E-94E8DC24673B.jpeg

arenaman

Just had one of these delivered, I quite like Tarquins gin, never tried this one though

1606383921984.png

arenaman

Now that sounds like an interesting flavour. When are you opening it? Just to advise us if it's any good.

No idea, it's "for Christmas" I'm told, no idea when that starts, will report back when it's opened

rousetafarian

FYI 1l bottles of Bombay Sapphire is a bargain at £20.00 in Tesco

busterbenny2001

Distinguished Member
No idea, it's "for Christmas" I'm told, no idea when that starts, will report back when it's opened
= December I’m keen to hear too do it for the forum :) sat here sipping my gin mare on a freezing evening figgy pudding sounds good!

Garrett

rousetafarian

Nice and refreshing to cut through the Thai Christmas Eve tea carbs. Sipsmiths Lemon Drizzle and Schweppes.....
A3F3DDCA-2C63-40B4-B608-CE78C3E389D7.jpeg

KyleS1

Distinguished Member
Ooh that sounds nice.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...

Latest News

What's new on Disney+ UK for February 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Focal releases 1000 Series integrated speakers
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Klipsch announces ProMedia 2.1 BT speaker set
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
No Time to Die gets pushed to 8th Oct 2021
  • By Andy Bassett