The gin lovers thread...

Garrett

@Garrett found it.

Any good deals around at the moment even Gordons has gone up a couple of quid.
Just got it today I thought was a daily deal but a short time offer been looking for the thread to post it but was £13 earlier today up to about 1pm but just checked to post link and gone back up to £15.99😢 It even showing up on my pricechecker now still at £13 at amazon.
Sorry was not on the ball been ill over the last few days and cant even try it as I'm on antibiotics. Thankfully not Carona and antibiotics are no good against virus.

Sloe Gin.jpg

sloe gin prices.jpg

Last edited:

dUnKle

Distinguished Member
Been on a couple of make your own Gin days in last few months

Liverpool and Manchester

Both very good and different enough that was well worth doing the two

I still like to keep my gin simple, citrus or cucumber - took a punt on the Brew Dog LoneWolf Cloudy Lemon which looking forward to trying this coming weekend

Other half and I have couple dozen or more bottles in our collection currently

Garrett

Just got it today I thought was a daily deal but a short time offer been looking for the thread to post it but was £13 earlier today up to about 1pm but just checked to post link and gone back up to £15.99😢 It even showing up on my pricechecker now still at £13 at amazon.
Sorry was not on the ball been ill over the last few days and cant even try it as I'm on antibiotics. Thankfully not Carona and antibiotics are no good against virus.

View attachment 1263828
View attachment 1263839
Gordons Sloe Gin back down to £13 but looks like a pre order.

Garrett

Been on a couple of make your own Gin days in last few months

Liverpool and Manchester

Both very good and different enough that was well worth doing the two

I still like to keep my gin simple, citrus or cucumber - took a punt on the Brew Dog LoneWolf Cloudy Lemon which looking forward to trying this coming weekend

Other half and I have couple dozen or more bottles in our collection currently
Ages ago I made some Blackberry Vodka bottle of store brand vodka some sugar and blackberries in a sealed semi demijohn.
all it took was a couple of pounds of washes blackberries (not in season now) 9oz of white granulated sugar. put them in a semi demijohn or one of those glass sweet jars if you can get hold of one, or even a jar like in hyperfish post, shake up and get the sugar mixed with the berrys and then poured over the vodka. Leave for a month (I left longer).
Decant and bottle the juice and have the berrys with desert.
The drink very nice.

Last edited:

Garrett

Sonic67

Banned
At Aldi.

Tastes of marshmallow and candy floss. Tastes nice anyway.

rousetafarian

tony kop77

My girlfriend likes gin she always goes for Bombay sapphire but I got her into other gins but I only treat her every now and again as she drinks them too quick gone in two days lol.
Liverpool gin, monkey 47, bathtub, brockman and sky wave gin are her Favourites form the ones I have got her in the past. I must admit Liverpool and brockman I like myself while I didn’t get to try skywave I got her thar for her birthday

rousetafarian

I received a bottle of Brindle Summer gin as a gift last week, the honey was local as is the distillery a little further along.

The Cuckoo Summer gin is superb and well worth ordering as a treat by mail order.

mitre

Dropstore have some decent gin offers, just bought 3 Liverpool gin in ceramic bottles for £66

domtheone

Distinguished Member
They do look nice Bottles! Wonder what the Gin is like :D

hyperfish

Distinguished Member
I haven't seen this tonic before. Nice enough to drink on its own, but has a hard to describe flavour. Picked up a pack of 8 for £4. Maybe it's not popular.

20200521_164611.jpg

rousetafarian

I haven't seen this tonic before. Nice enough to drink on its own, but has a hard to describe flavour. Picked up a pack of 8 for £4. Maybe it's not popular.

View attachment 1303438
I haven’t seen this either but have tried other flavours they produce, I think they may be a Northern brand

Aj33

Distinguished Member
Funny this, I just like a ‘plain’ tonic water, and taste the gin.

But then I ruin my whiskey with diet cone.:rotfl:
Fixed for you ;) :D