The gin lovers thread...

Couldn't find strawberry alone. 2 Tsp (10ml) turns the GnT into a nice fruity punch with the gin coming in at the end. Very neckable.

20180718_210341.jpg

Tanqueray No 10 is on amazon's deals of the day today. Down to £25 a bottle, which is a pretty good price. It has been cheaper (down to £22) but that was 6 months ago. I don't think it is often on offer in supermarkets.

Couldn't find strawberry alone. 2 Tsp (10ml) turns the GnT into a nice fruity punch with the gin coming in at the end. Very neckable.

View attachment 1040611

I'm sure I got it from Aldi and it was a strawberry and mint cordial that if I remember correctly may have been made in Kent...It was the UK for sure and added a nice twist to a gin.

Had Strawberries & Cream Picnic gin tonight.

Naked it was pleasant with not much of an obvious gin flavour, even the OH, who hates gins nearly liked it.
With a Fevertree Elderflower tonic it became a totally different drink and would be a great addition to summer BBQ's

20180727_183821.jpg

Off for a “gin flight” tomorrow. Not sure what makes it a flight. It’s essentually just a million different gins to choose from in a restaurant.

Two new favourite gins. Larios 12 and Dictador Colombian Treasure.

Latest top ups. Both for £34 at Tescos. A useful £11 off their normal price.

upload_2018-7-31_17-51-38.jpeg

Several other brands were showing circa £5 discount too.

88A13CB4-D7DB-4AE4-B04B-CD19621F754D.jpeg
On offer at Asda, down to £25.00 as was a firm favourite of mine Thomas Dakin’s Manchester Gin so I bought both.

Other purchases last week but not pictured are two from Whitley Neill, Rhubarb and Ginger and also WN Raspberry down to £20.00 at Asda last week

To try

Tried

King of Soho - Ginger Fevertree

Last edited:
Thanks, might nip there tomorrow.
I tried to recreate that with the cordial of few posts back. Close enough, minus the theatrics.

View attachment 1045338 On offer at Asda, down to £25.00 as was a firm favourite of mine Thomas Dakin’s Manchester Gin so I bought both.

Other purchases last week but not pictured are two from Whitley Neill, Rhubarb and Ginger and also WN Raspberry down to £20.00 at Asda last week
This has now broken into my top 2 gins, remarkably complex yet smooth.

Just looked that up in Google Maps and we should pass close to The Shed Distillery next month. They don't do tours ATM though.

I went on the Adnams distillery tour last weekend and tasted some lovely gins (vodka, whiskys etc as well). They gave me one of these for free. Sacrilege I know but it was actually really nice. The copper house is actually really nice neat.
A8EFFF68-8369-473E-BE26-A8F6FA1F3881.jpeg

Had a couple of these in a bar last week so got pink peppercorns and raspberries. The peppercorns give a nice flavour burst when you get them in the mouth.

20180818_201008.jpg

20180818_201317.jpg

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom