1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Germans have delivered

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by drewsaq, Nov 30, 2001.

1. drewsaq

drewsaq

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, only after 7 days since finding my denon tuner in gold at http://www.hificomponents.de/ and the order being placed, it now sits looking well sorted on top of my denon A10SE. Have to say that this product is not available in England in gold and I'm glad it wasn't as I would have never saved £70.00. Including the delivery charge (£15.00) and the banks charge (£16.00) to change Pounds into Euros it still worked out alot cheaper than in this country " Listen up check the site out". Anybody thinking of buying a pair of Infinity Alpha 50 speakers ? In this country they are priced in what home cinema at £599.00 on the above web site they are 699.00 DM which converted back to pounds is £222.00. Need I say more!!!

2. Colger

Colger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sounds a good deal and pleased that you have exactly what you require - I'd just like to say that I was quoted the equivalent of £655 for the AVR 3802 by hificomponents.de but have ordered one for delivery on Tuesday at £640 in the UK.
    Guess it does depend whether the product is available or not but I must admit the German prices are very competitive.

3. Iain Shields

Iain Shields

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Colger,

If you don't mind me asking, where did you get the 3802 for that price? I too am interested in this reciever and would think about buying one if I can get it for that price.

Thanks in advance,
    Iain

4. T_Strife

T_Strife

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    drewsaq why didn't you pay by CC and avoid them nasty bank charges?
    Colger did you get yours from Unbeatable @ £641.95 and how come you were quoted £655 from hificomponents.de, i make it £631 (+/- £2) delivered with a decent (std interbank rate) CC. I ordered mine from Germany on Thursday because i couldn't find any uk retailer that came close, Unbeatable had momentarily bumped up the Gold one to £673.95 del having been at the lower price for weeks - DOH! Should have waited i suppose.
    Still the 3yr warranty is a nice bonus.

5. Mark Grant

Mark Grant

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +171
    Drewsaq,

Glad you got a quick delivery and saved some money :)

It would be good if you posted your result in the original thread , if you can find it, as a few people might be watching that one, or may find it useful in future searches etc,

Mark G.

6. Colger

Colger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dont mind you asking at all - try Hifi Junkies, Enfield - I know they have stock available at the moment and that price includes delivery. Tel 020-8367-1699
    Best of luck, Iain - Im looking forward to Tuesday - cant wait to hear the difference to my old Yamaha A1000.

7. Colger

Colger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just for the record hificomponents.de quoted me DM 1977.00, Shipping DM 71.46 and Insurance DM 10.00 - adding that together and using and conversion quoted by moneyextra.com gave me the £655 figure.
    They also quoted 24 month manufacturer warranty.
    As per previous post I have bought from HiFi Junkies who have been highly rated in other posts on this forum.

8. T_Strife

T_Strife

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry all, i am getting totally confused between hificomponents.de & mediacheckpoint.de (the one i used):eek:

Damn well completely forgot about http://www.hifijunkies.co.uk/
    It aint worth ordering from Germany to save less than a tenner
    :(

P.s drewsaq, German sites seem to be in the habit of selling speakers in singles, weird i know. Still good prices though, check out the 603s3's :)

9. fabryuk

fabryuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Ordered form hifijunkies over a months ago. After some slightly threatening email, They eventually out me into highest priority, will receive it on Wednesday.

Yes 3802 is in extremely short supply. and I highly recommended hifijunkies. There is a lot of forums saying good things about them. Too bad I have to wait so long, I geuss it is not their fault. I email the German website, unfortunately they do not have stock either