The general football chat thread

The National league is in a mess, no more grant money available, any more money will be in the form of loans which force clubs into taking on debts that have no current means of repaying. The other option is the NL takes on the loan, distributes the money as "grants" but then the clubs pay this back to the NL by forfeiting future allocation money.

Final option is to suspend the season, problem being they want it all done and dusted before the Euros so no time to to fulfil the fixtures

I can't see how it can continue, a lot of clubs said they are not going to be forced to take on debt, the season was started on the understanding grant money would be provided until things were back to normality which the government are now disputing.

So we're in a situation where some clubs could face being booted out of the league refusing to risk their financial future by taking on debt and playing on if some of the wealthier clubs get their way and the league continues.

Ridiculous

I’m impressed by that spelling mate!
I wish I could claim full credit but I had to google that after my autocorrect decided that Lamela was actually a paper machete :laugh:

I wish I could claim full credit but I had to google that after my autocorrect decided that Lamela was actually a paper machete :laugh:
More paper than machete.

The National league is in a mess, no more grant money available, any more money will be in the form of loans which force clubs into taking on debts that have no current means of repaying. The other option is the NL takes on the loan, distributes the money as "grants" but then the clubs pay this back to the NL by forfeiting future allocation money.

Final option is to suspend the season, problem being they want it all done and dusted before the Euros so no time to to fulfil the fixtures

I can't see how it can continue, a lot of clubs said they are not going to be forced to take on debt, the season was started on the understanding grant money would be provided until things were back to normality which the government are now disputing.

So we're in a situation where some clubs could face being booted out of the league refusing to risk their financial future by taking on debt and playing on if some of the wealthier clubs get their way and the league continues.

Ridiculous

The game is awash with money. No need for any club to be taking on debts that could threaten their future.

It's a piss poor situation.

The game is awash with money. No need for any club to be taking on debts that could threaten their future.

It's a piss poor situation.

2 teams from the NLS have already refused to play any more games, more are sure to follow.

1611256949192.png

Southport I've seen a few times, not that far from me.

Good on them anyway, making a stand is the right thing to do.

There's no way my club (Darlo) are going to dip into debt again after their multiple administrations and virtually starting over in the 9th Tier 9 yrs ago. The club is fan owned and solvent now and slowly making progress, we won't risk that just to finish 1 season. Could be in a situation where if the season plays on a dozen or more clubs refuse to play are the NL going to expel them all? doubt it though they could under the rules

2 teams from the NLS have already refused to play any more games, more are sure to follow.

Many more in the lower leagues. They just can't play with no fans.

There's no way my club (Darlo) are going to dip into debt again after their multiple administrations and virtually starting over in the 9th Tier 9 yrs ago. The club is fan owned and solvent now and slowly making progress, we won't risk that just to finish 1 season. Could be in a situation where if the season plays on a dozen or more clubs refuse to play are the NL going to expel them all? doubt it though they could under the rules

There'd be a shitstorm if they tried to expel clubs who were trying to be financially prudent.

It's the situation long feared, where the absence of fans becomes too much.

NLN and NLS have been suspended for 2 weeks, hopefully they'll find a way forward in that time. NL carries on as normal for now.

Going to be crazy trying to resume and the season end by the end of May, Darlington have a min of 34 games left (inc FA trophy) and 16 weeks to play them if they sort the funding/testing and get on with it after this suspension, that's without any further PP s which of course there's going to be

Last edited:
German game is decent. This lad Haaland knows where the goal is.

Rafa now a free agent which I’m sure puts Abramovich and Ashley on “Red Alert”

Can’t say that. He’s the greatest player ever.

Taking the piss. Incredible on £600k per week.

You can't play golf in the snow.

Even on £600K.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom