The general football chat thread

Get well soon Andre Wisdom. Stabbed and robbed in Liverpool.

Can they just put us back in to lockdown now thanks.

so for some other discussions, your combined City/liverpool teams based on citys centurion team of 17/18 and liverpools this year

Attachments

• livcity.jpg
    livcity.jpg
    301.5 KB · Views: 43
Mine:

Attachments

• A5F6786C-EADE-4EBA-8815-2AD39751D5AC.jpeg
    A5F6786C-EADE-4EBA-8815-2AD39751D5AC.jpeg
    168.6 KB · Views: 36
No room for any of the Utd teams which won the Premier League 8 times in 11 seasons? Plus multiple trophies in many of those seasons?

Remember, football was invented in 1992, not 2015

No room for any of the Utd teams which won the Premier League 8 times in 11 seasons? Plus multiple trophies in many of those seasons?

Remember, football was invented in 1992, not 2015

no, not when the whole article is asking for a combined XI of the league winning teams from 17-18 and 19-20

arguably are they not?
I can see why City or Liverpool fans might say so.

I'd suggest there are a few other teams who achieved a more over a longer more sustained period of time and were better. Ancient history now.

I can see why City or Liverpool fans might say so.

I'd suggest there are a few other teams who achieved a more over a longer more sustained period of time and were better. Ancient history now.
But the standard wasn't as high as it is now, no United team for example got anywhere near the points haul, us and City have.

But the standard wasn't as high as it is now, no United team for example got anywhere near the points haul, us and City have.

Arguably offset by the fact Utd were often winning multiple trophies in the same season? And the team were winning the PL more often than not.

United team that won the league three times on the bounce has to be considered ? No?

Arguably offset by the fact Utd were often winning multiple trophies in the same season? And the team were winning the PL more often than not.
Yes agreed, but I very much doubt that United team could do that now, if they were competing with the current top 2.
I guess we will never know, football teams go in cycles, unfortunately for us, it's taken us 30 years lol.

And the season hasn’t finished yet

And in 2022 they’ll be gone anyway so makes no difference

Points records are nice to have but it's absolute bollox to suggest that because you won the most points ever in the league you're better than a team that won far more. You could argue the league is weaker now than it was (not saying that by the way) which could be the reason for winning more points. You could argue that challenging on four fronts and winning three of them would mean that you maybe lost points you would normally have won in the league. There is a lot of subjectiveness around claims like that

There was always going to be one. If not more.

Points records are nice to have but it's absolute bollox to suggest that because you won the most points ever in the league you're better than a team that won far more. You could argue the league is weaker now than it was (not saying that by the way) which could be the reason for winning more points. You could argue that challenging on four fronts and winning three of them would mean that you maybe lost points you would normally have won in the league. There is a lot of subjectiveness around claims like that
When United were at their peak, only Arsenal were challenging, no one else was spending big and neither team set any records that have been smashed in the last few years. I’d suggest the league was far weaker back then, however you can only beat what’s in front of you, maybe if they had been pushed more they could’ve done.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom