The general football chat thread

You talking for everyone now ? :rotfl:

You have to admit there are those on here that will not say a bad word about anything their team or players do. Such as Costas amateur dramatics the other night, most supporters would be embarrassed if that was one of their players and say as much. Other supporters conveniently glaze over that and talk about Hazards perceived rough treatment. Just one example.
I thought you were talking about everyone here? ;)

Re: Costa. As embarrassing as he was, in some opinions, he was nowhere near as bad as he has been. That was my point. I think you were just as blinkered the other way. You talk about opinions in one hand and then label it blinkered in the other!
:facepalm:

Anyway it's boring me now. I'll leave at that

I understand that it would be inconceivable to think of a Liverpool supporter from their glory days switching to Utd when they took over, so I see why you chose Arsenal as they came back to prominence.

I doubt there's a football fan alive who doesn't admire all of those players you've listed.

So Ibra plays for free now does he? Big money in his case relates to his wage that very few teams could match.
I could claim that Kane, Eriksen and Alli as a combination have been much better to watch than the Utd trio, so why not support Spurs?

I guess it all comes down to the fact that I don't understand anyone (not you in particular) who is not passionate about 1 team. At least you like football though. Men who don't even like the sport I understand even less.

Well I'm "passionate" about Barca does that not count !?

It's only the PL that I want the flair players to flourish whatever the team ...

Sadly that brings me back to the love /hate Chelsea connection .

Many years ago I had such high hopes for young West Ham player Joe Cole .... Fergie supposedly tried to lure him away from the Hammers year after year - before he'd even made his West Ham debut .

Seem to recall he actually made his debut against ManU at Old Trafford . Joe came on as sub after 60 minutes and played amazingly well for the last half an hour , did every trick and flick in the book including a couple of nutmegs which earned him a kick or two .

Move on a few years . Jose gets to grips with him .... coached all the skill and creativity out of him and basically rebranded him into a typical Chelsea midfielder . Hard working , chasing back , efficient and gave him a very successful career.

Sadly his genius was driven out of him ... IMHO .

This is going to be interesting.

On another note Jason Cundy is a cock.

Maybe so ....he does have a great laugh though and I don't mind the other guy he's on with in the evening ( the ManU fan ) ....is it Andy Goldstein ?

Chelsea carry on winning as all the rest fall away ...

13 points clear I think ?

Guessing they will be breaking the actual points record or points between them and second place , the way things are going .

Still think La Liga is a better competition ...

Id love to see the top 6 of both leagues in a mini cup competition ..

Still think La Liga is a better competition ...

Id love to see the top 6 of both leagues in a mini cup competition ..
With 3 teams?
According to Klopp La Liga is made up of 3 teams and Bundesliga, just the one !

With 3 teams?

Na it would have to be 8 or 12 using my figures ..only a pipe dream .

I've felt for years that the top 6 of La Liga are far stronger than the PL's top 6 teams ...

The Spanish football is far more technical and attractive all through the division . IMHO .

The PL is simply tougher and faster , I feel .

Sooooo ... just going back to last weekend ...

Anyone know why Fulham suddenly changed the penalty taker last Sunday
?
That 16 year old kid , scores 2 , his team are 3:1 ahead with seconds to go .... the kid wins a penalty and walks up to take it and complete his record breaking hat-trick only for some other guy to be told to take it ---- and miss !!!

The game was already won why prevent the kid from creating history ????

I asked in the Championship thread last week but nobody goes in there .... I'm not even sure Fulham are even in the championship , thinking about it :)

On a slight tangent ... David Luiz .... Your thoughts

For my part I LOVE everything about the guy - just wish he'd of signed for Barca instead of Chelsea though .

It's just that when he re- signed so many people were laughing or mocking him and saying it was a crazy signing and yet Its no surprise to me that he's been amazing .

What do the Chelsea lads think of him ??
Rather have John Terry playing instead or alongside him ?

I see Aspas got the winner for Celta Vigo today. Lad's been on fire since he went back there,pity it never worked out for him at our place. He's clearly a talented player,i wonder if he will get another big move somewhere?

I see Aspas got the winner for Celta Vigo today. Lad's been on fire since he went back there,pity it never worked out for him at our place. He's clearly a talented player,i wonder if he will get another big move somewhere?

Oddly enough I saw his amazing 35 yard free kick last week . Couldn't believe it !

Last edited:
On a lighter note ...

John Stones has completed the same number of league take-ons this season as Christiano Ronaldo and that's with him bringing the ball out from the back !!

Oddly enough he's another young player that I have high hopes for !!

It's a shame that didn't work out. Was never happy about How Jose treated him. Still think he had something to offer. You could see he still had class, time on the ball and was still fairly mobile (about as mobile as Fellaini anyway). Anyway, I'm glad he's going now so he can at least start playing football again. Deserved better at United

Saw this stat earlier, shocking but not that surprising either.

Between them, England U21 squad have 206 Premier League appearances overall. Germany U21 squad has 1,137 Bundesliga appearances overall.

Saw this stat earlier, shocking but not that surprising either.

Between them, England U21 squad have 206 Premier League appearances overall. Germany U21 squad has 1,137 Bundesliga appearances overall.

I guess stats can be tweaked and used in different ways .

Oddly enough some guy just mentioned that in 2009 Germany under 21s met England under 21s , the score is irrelevant but the bulk of the German team / squad are in the full German team / squad now wheras NONE of the England under 21s are in the England squad .

Don't know if that's true ..

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom