The general football chat thread

Season Ticket sales started today at 10am, for the New White Hart Lane, Phase 1 of 8 phases of sales..

Seems like they are selling like Hot Cakes,, albeit fudging expensive ones.
How much are they?

DY_QNj3XUAEG9NS.jpg

Interesting team selection from Southgate. [emoji23]

4 full backs and one CB is a new one on me.

I guess it has to be. We are in real trouble if all we can field is one senior CB tho. [emoji23]

fudge off pointless international football, Gomez injured after 5 mins always our players with loads of games coming up too

He hasn't really been playing for you tho has he? And he's injury prone so not really a surprise he's got injured. And why is he even getting picked ahead of someone like Maguire anyway?

Couldn’t take any more of the England game so turned over to watch Germany v Spain on BT. Iniesta, Silva and Isco, lol.

BT are also showing Germany v Brazil on Tuesday night.

He hasn't really been playing for you tho has he? And he's injury prone so not really a surprise he's got injured. And why is he even getting picked ahead of someone like Maguire anyway?

It’s a big deal though with the number of games coming up after the international break. He’s played a fair few times this season.

From around £875 upto £2200 , Yes £2200 .. all selling well by the looks of it as well.
Christ southerners have more money than sense.

Yup, whereas some clubs have more seats, than bums to put on them. Hence they have to offer lower prices..

Market forces and all that..

Yup, whereas some clubs have more seats, than bums to put on them. Hence they have to offer lower prices..

Market forces and all that..
Or maybe they look at their demographics and think they can rinse their supporters rather than help them

Not getting into, it is what it is.. You carry on trying to wind up the Liverpool fans.

Not getting into, it is what it is.. You carry on trying to wind up the Liverpool fans.
What’s with the animosity, you try the empty seats jibe yet again, try to have a decent debate on here and people turn everything round. I was curious on seating prices at Spurs and think it’s ridiculous to charge anyone, yet alone the man in the street £2k to watch 19 football matches. Yet mine is £300, my colleagues in London get paid the same as me, I doubt they could justify that plus if they have kids as well you are looking at £200 every other weekend to watch football!!

Those prices look reasonable for one of the most expensive and desirable cities in the world.

Some folks on here live in a bubble still thinking it’s the working class people attending these games for £50 a pop week in/week out.

What’s with the animosity, you try the empty seats jibe yet again, try to have a decent debate on here and people turn everything round. I was curious on seating prices at Spurs and think it’s ridiculous to charge anyone, yet alone the man in the street £2k to watch 19 football matches. Yet mine is £300, my colleagues in London get paid the same as me, I doubt they could justify that plus if they have kids as well you are looking at £200 every other weekend to watch football!!

Your friends might not be able to afford it, but there are plenty of others who do. These clubs run a 3-6 year long waiting list just to get a season ticket.

My previous director had a hospitality box at Chelsea for the year, was around £2,600 per game and even then there was a ginormous waiting list (circa £50k per annum.

Those prices look reasonable for one of the most expensive and desirable cities in the world.

Some folks on here live in a bubble still thinking it’s the working class people attending these games for £50 a pop week in/week out.
And that’s why the atmosphere has gone from the game, too many happy clappers, bring back safe standing in the bottom tiers of these stadiums £100 season tickets and hopefully the enthusiasm will transfer over on the tv, a generation of supporters are been lost as the working man can’t afford to take his family to a game and as Michael Jackson said children are out future.
If you say £100 can’t be done just look at Bayern Munich, plus match day takings are a drop in the ocean compared to sponsorship and tv deals.
And a City it certainly is working class people attending the games, although the glory hunters are slowly taking over as they price them out in certain areas of the stadium.

Last edited:
I think it was Whitney Houston. Or George Benson.

No animosity..

ACTUALLY, it is you that starts the cheap jibes as usual..

"Christ southerners have more money than sense."

That was your response to my post saying what the prices were.. So you started with the cheap shout about southerners and sense. How is what you said the pre-amble to a "decent debate". There were a hundred things you could of responded with but chose the cheap shot. The empty seat debate is interesting though, it just shows with cheap tickets you sometimes can still struggle, I don't understand why those not going arent selling the seat on for the game they don't want to go to. Happens all the time at Spurs.

To try and get the conversation back on track... You are right it is a heck of a lot of money. Season ticket holders at Spurs have been used to paying more than City and others, so it is nothing new. Some of them are looking at an increase from around £850 to £1500, loads said they wouldn't pay the increase, but the ones I know have buckled and paid up anyway, Why ? you would have to ask them directly, but I guess they still see it as a price they will pay to go and see their team.

The worse thing is the phases, there are 8 of them, with some Parent and Kids actually in a different phase,, so Dad has to wait until the kids phase comes along. By then the choice of seats is getting limited of course.

Spurs are justifying the prices by saying the Stadium is state of the art, they have top quality food, a micro brewery on site, top notch facilities.. Me ? I think it is a load of tripe. From what I see there are thousands that wait till the last minute to come into the ground, after downing a few (cheaper) pints in the Pub, grab a £4 burger from a van and smoking themselves silly before going through the turnstiles. Are these people really going to rock up an hour earlier because there is a Cheese Shop ( yes really) in the Stadium,, I think not. These guys would be happy to watch the game sitting on an old beer crate.

EDIT: was at the new ground yesterday installing some equipment. You think those prices are high. Hospitality .... £75K a season. Guy on site telling me they are selling very well as well.

@karlak I agree with you mate, supply and demand.

And when you’ve just built a new stadium with all the state of the art facilities, now is the time to charge those prices.

It’s ridiculous really but if you can sell the ground at with £2000 season tickets why wouldn’t you?

Jesus you are sensitive it was meant as a joke, more money than sense, if you’ve got it spend it, I know I couldn’t justify that sort of money. As for selling your ticket on plenty do it at City, although the club are clamping down on unofficial sites like Facebook, where fans don’t sell above face value to each other, City want your ticket to sell to tourists at an increased mark up.
This myth in empty seats is just that, we have no more than anyone else, it’s just other fans have nothing else to to have a go at us about, so it’s a cheap shot everyone seems to buy into. Most games are sold out, the reason seats aren’t taken are down I would assume to other things in people’s lives, if you see a large group of seats not taken it will be down to the club giving these areas to corporate or other groups who haven’t taken up the full allocation, usually against a lower end sides like your Stoke or West Broms, not everyone in a school supports City up here, I know hard to believe but those are the facts.
City before their defeat to Wigan we’re fighting on 4 fronts, as I’ve said before the majority of fans are still working class and struggling to get to premier league games, never mind league cup, champions league and fa cup. So 3 games in a week they just can’t afford it, so they pick and choose, factor in for example a trip to Wembley, easy for the London teams isn’t it, just get in the tube for us it’s add another £30-50 travel possibly more if you stay overnight and you can see the choices have to be made.

Jesus you are sensitive it was meant as a joke, more money than sense, if you’ve got it spend it, I know I couldn’t justify that sort of money. As for selling your ticket on plenty do it at City, although the club are clamping down on unofficial sites like Facebook, where fans don’t sell above face value to each other, City want your ticket to sell to tourists at an increased mark up.
This myth in empty seats is just that, we have no more than anyone else, it’s just other fans have nothing else to to have a go at us about, so it’s a cheap shot everyone seems to buy into. Most games are sold out, the reason seats aren’t taken are down I would assume to other things in people’s lives, if you see a large group of seats not taken it will be down to the club giving these areas to corporate or other groups who haven’t taken up the full allocation, usually against a lower end sides like your Stoke or West Broms, not everyone in a school supports City up here, I know hard to believe but those are the facts.
City before their defeat to Wigan we’re fighting on 4 fronts, as I’ve said before the majority of fans are still working class and struggling to get to premier league games, never mind league cup, champions league and fa cup. So 3 games in a week they just can’t afford it, so they pick and choose, factor in for example a trip to Wembley, easy for the London teams isn’t it, just get in the tube for us it’s add another £30-50 travel possibly more if you stay overnight and you can see the choices have to be made.

No need to call me Jesus :)

Well the swear filter wouldn’t let me call you anything else ;)

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom