The general football chat thread

It there a reason why they've gone for 62,000 when this season has proved that Spurs fans can regularly smash that?

Seems strange you'd build a brand new stadium with such a relatively low capacity.

EDIT: Ah..High of 82,000+, low of 25,000. That's a massive variation from Man Utd / Rochdale.

Quite simply, I think it was about logistics and the footprint they had for the new build. Without moving away from Tottenham and finding a new field to build on, it was only ever going to physically be a certain size.

There is also the problem with transport. It was bad enough with 33,000 supporters. It is going to be horrendous with almost double that. I am not sure planning would have allowed for any more.

Quite simply, I think it was about logistics and the footprint they had for the new build. Without moving away from Tottenham and finding a new field to build on, it was only ever going to physically be a certain size.

There is also the problem with transport. It was bad enough with 33,000 supporters. It is going to be horrendous with almost double that. I am not sure planning would have allowed for any more.

Are they working on / have plans to improve the surrounding infrastructure? I would imagine a project that size, and the impact it will have on surrounding areas, that this would be a priority?

It will be tremendous when finished.

Are they working on / have plans to improve the surrounding infrastructure? I would imagine a project that size, and the impact it will have on surrounding areas, that this would be a priority?

Yes, supposedly plans for improving the two train stations. Not that I could see any work in progress when I last passed by. As it is you sometimes have to queue and wait to be allowed into the station, so that Platforms are not overcrowded.

I think they major issue is going to be traffic. People who drive either park just outside the "no parking on a matchday" zone, or take advantage of the private £10 parking pop up sites. If that traffic alone is increased by say 25%, the already gridlocked North Circular will just be impossible after the game.

Fair play to these Hartlepool fans - nearly 250 miles on a Tuesday night. :smashin:

DXo_NEm_JXc_AAPnqj.jpg

COYS!

Spurs announced new ticket prices for next season in the new Stadium.. I actually thought that given the almost doubling of capacity, they may leave the prices frozen... Oh no.....

Hefty hikes across the board, which is being justified as the facilities are now better. Well it wasn't like they were giving tickets away at the old WHL in the first place. Besides, I personally really don't care about "facilities" - Micro breweries, Cheese shops and s****y meeting areas, I would be happy with a beer crate to sit on to watch the game. Another sign that football is going down the pan and further away from the working man.

Having said that the new place will look amazing and I think they are still costing a little bit less than the equivalent ticket up the road at the Emirates.

Think I was just very naive thinking that maybe the Club would keep prices reasonable. Wembley attendances and a very long ST waiting list I guess is also something they are mindful of..

Spurs announced new ticket prices for next season in the new Stadium.. I actually thought that given the almost doubling of capacity, they may leave the prices frozen... Oh no.....

Hefty hikes across the board, which is being justified as the facilities are now better. Well it wasn't like they were giving tickets away at the old WHL in the first place. Besides, I personally really don't care about "facilities" - Micro breweries, Cheese shops and s****y meeting areas, I would be happy with a beer crate to sit on to watch the game. Another sign that football is going down the pan and further away from the working man.

Having said that the new place will look amazing and I think they are still costing a little bit less than the equivalent ticket up the road at the Emirates.

Think I was just very naive thinking that maybe the Club would keep prices reasonable. Wembley attendances and a very long ST waiting list I guess is also something they are mindful of..

Just listened to a podcast about WHU, they actually only make 8m a year more in tickets from their move, a nice wedge in life but nothing really in the big scheme of things football wise. Not sure how much more you will make but can’t see it being much more. But the money men love squeezing the wallets of the man in the street.

I think they are still costing a little bit less than the equivalent ticket up the road at the Emirates.
Not much consolation when the Emirates is the most expensive in the league!
Just listened to a podcast about WHU, they actually only make 8m a year more in tickets from their move
Not surprised as they were virtually giving season tickets away at around £250, just to try to fill the place. So a decent wedge of season ticket holders aren't even WHU fans, just grabbed the chance of a cheap deal to see premiership football.

Didn't City do something similar when they moved into the new ground?

Not much consolation when the Emirates is the most expensive in the league!
Not surprised as they were virtually giving season tickets away at around £250, just to try to fill the place. So a decent wedge of season ticket holders aren't even WHU fans, just grabbed the chance of a cheap deal to see premiership football.

Didn't City do something similar when they moved into the new ground?
Funnily enough it was years afterwards that we did that.

The cheap season tickets were / are at the back of the new(ish) South Stand behind the goal and on the front rows around the ground.

The problem we have now is that the tickets were so cheap that people pick and choose their games. The seats are sold but nobody in them!

Think they are about £250, so if you decide only to go to top six fixtures then that's still cheaper than going to those games individually and of course a lot less hassle.

Funnily enough it was years afterwards that we did that.

The cheap season tickets were / are at the back of the new(ish) South Stand behind the goal and on the front rows around the ground.

The problem we have now is that the tickets were so cheap that people pick and choose their games. The seats are sold but nobody in them!

Think they are about £250, so if you decide only to go to top six fixtures then that's still cheaper than going to those games individually and of course a lot less hassle.

This is the first season in a long time (possibly ever?) that I've not manged to get tickets for a single 'Top' fixture at Utd. I've not been as often anyway for various reasons, but Swansea will be my 4th and last game of the season in a week or so.

Demand seems as strong as ever despite the quality being delivered. Or maybe I've just been very unlucky with the ballots.

I once paid £78 to watch us lose 3-2 to Newcastle at the Lane, aside from the price that game always stands out in my memory because the ex was unwell so my dad came along (which was one of his first ever football experiences) and we were sat there and we're watching as Obafemi Martins picks up the ball, dad turns his head and says "If they don't tackle him he's going to score" and what happened, bang rocket into the top corner. It's been a bit of a running joke that I won't take him again after that (I have though).

I'm not too shocked by the pricing for the new ground, it averages out at £41 a game which seems alright but then once I have to factor in travel it's not so "cheap".

So Carragher has been suspended by Sky for the rest of the season with his role to be reviewed again before the start of next season.

For some I'm sure that's good enough punishment, but I still can't see how he can come back.

So Carragher has been suspended by Sky for the rest of the season with his role to be reviewed again before the start of next season.

For some I'm sure that's good enough punishment, but I still can't see how he can come back.
But as been said Gallagher kept her job as she has a pair on her, sad but true

I wonder if it's without pay.

But as been said Gallagher kept her job as she has a pair on her, sad but true

In her defence, she could not answer for her actions as she was steaming on Midouri and Jaegermeister cocktails.

Interesting parallel across the broadcasting world to ITV to see how they handle Ant drink driving and being involved in a collision.

Sorry if this has already been posted, impossible to keep up with the number of posts in here.

I'm sure all fans will appreciate the epic-ness of this video. I'm just waiting for the film to come out now :D

Season Ticket sales started today at 10am, for the New White Hart Lane, Phase 1 of 8 phases of sales..

Seems like they are selling like Hot Cakes,, albeit fudging expensive ones.

Might not be everyone’s cup of tea but a fascinating interview with David White here :

Part 1 of 3.

A young lad, born and raised in Manchester and all he wanted to do was to play for City. Unfortunately, his coach was ready to take advantage of that.

Compelling stuff.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom