Quantcast

The general football chat thread

Andy

Werner missed a sitter, but they look solid and attack with pace, will be a tough game for Spurs.
Yeah, I watched the game :laugh:

They're a bit ropey on their left side (defensively) and take a lot of chances when playing out from the back. We're under no illusions though, didn't expect it to be an easy game prior to watching them against Bayern.

TwoJs

Distinguished Member

They're a bit ropey on their left side (defensively) and take a lot of chances when playing out from the back. We're under no illusions though, didn't expect it to be an easy game prior to watching them against Bayern.
lol so did Jose, he was there, baseball cap the lot trying to keep it low key :D

clydebest

Distinguished Member

Wonder if it's the norm for them .. but Leipzig as you said like to play out from the back.. never seen another team use the Goalkeeper to defender pass in the box so much.

alan280170

Distinguished Member
So you say they're not a different beast but don't even know how we'll they've done in the CL 🤷‍♂️
I know how they have done. The CL is very weak until the QF round, they have rode their luck a lot in the last few years. Maybe that’s why they have struggled in the league, as you have a lot less luck over 36 games.

Stockholm

Distinguished Member

Absolutely incredible. Check out the first piece of skill from the 2nd half highlights
Look at the fear in Nesta's eyes at about 33 seconds in! Probably the most entertaining player I've clapped eyes on since getting into football (early 90s). Was lucky enough to see him play live once against Rangers at Ibrox. Didn't have the best game (think it was Ricksen who did a good job marking him) but you could still see how outrageously skilful he was. I believe he'd just came over to Europe that season so was a bit of an unknown quantity. Nearly joined St Mirren a year or two before going to PSG.

Ronaldinho aside another sick player in that video was Giuly. A few players have said he was unreal and a nightmare to play against (Adama Traore and Jackie McNamara are two who come to mind). Remember McNamara also saying Ronaldinho was one of the strongest players (physical strength) he'd played against.

Last edited:

Dony

Distinguished Member
Since you mention him, I'd like to wish Jackie McNamara well at this difficult time for him and his family.

richp007

Distinguished Member
No idea, don’t care TBF.
Bit bizarre that Alan :laugh: You tell me they're not yet back it up with nothing.

They've won it 13 times including 2016, 17 and 18. And they've won it in years when they've not been that impressive domestically.

I realise they don't have Ronaldo anymore, but they're still a real danger in knockout situations and always turn up for the Champs League.

It's a competition the club defines it's success on.

Its behind a trial paywall

* Lucky Liverpool
* VAR handed it to them
* Weakest league ever
* Every other team is crap
* Threw the cups to win the league
* Had no injuries

Makes the title all the more sweeter when you see how many fans from all clubs are trying to cope with the inevitable.

richp007

Distinguished Member
* Lucky Liverpool
* VAR handed it to them
* Weakest league ever
* Every other team is crap
* Threw the cups to win the league
* Had no injuries

Makes the title all the more sweeter when you see how many fans from all clubs are trying to cope with the inevitable.
It absolutely does. So many have just wanted us to remain without our name ever going on it.

Even some of my close friends will be absolutely bitter about it. Everton, Spurs and Chelsea fans some of them are.