The general football chat thread

I've been really impressed with some of the younger lads we've put out, also good that the regulars are getting some decent minutes.

MUTV like watching Liverpool on sky with that commentary This new formation doesn't work without great attacking fullbacks Which we lack

What happened to Bailly? Just read he got stretchered off.

EDIT - nasty game apparently, Sissoko stamped on James, Alli suffered two red card challenges?

Very happy with the kids' performances in preseason. We're still in need of a few new faces though

Best defending he’s done in years
Why would you even get out of the car and risk getting stabbed jesus

Confirmed we are playing in Qatar in December for the FIFA Club World Cup, some fixtures going to need rearranging.

Virgil and Hazard to be the faces on the latest Fifa games

Jason Mcateer reminding Virgil that he was also on a Fifa cover once

0_VVD-CL-1.jpg
Screenshot_20190727-163748_Twitter.jpg

Starting with a proper manager.
Why have you got such an issue with Ole? I mean for a Palace fan you seem to have a weird obsession with him. If you were a Cardiff fan I could understand maybe. Genuine question by the way.

Don't get me wrong, I'm definitely not sold on him being up to the job but he still has the benefit of the doubt at the moment

Why have you got such an issue with Ole? I mean for a Palace fan you seem to have a weird obsession with him. If you were a Cardiff fan I could understand maybe. Genuine question by the way.

Don't get me wrong, I'm definitely not sold on him being up to the job but he still has the benefit of the doubt at the moment
I think he's trying to be funny.

Napoli 2 up, I knows pre-season is all just about fitness, but the way we are conceding goals so far in all our games is concerning, Mignolet doesn't inspire confidence though lol

I know it's only pre season but the last three games we've been poor, Mignolet is awful as a number 2 and our lack of depth is worrying.

As much as I don't rate Ole I'd take him over Hodgson as a manager lol.

I'm trusting we'll be raring to go and fit for purpose come game 1 of the season.

But as you guys say above, pre-season has been a tad worrying. And we gotta make sure we get out the blocks again fast this season.

I'm trusting we'll be raring to go and fit for purpose come game 1 of the season.

But as you guys say above, pre-season has been a tad worrying. And we gotta make sure we get out the blocks again fast this season.
The last two seasons City have set a target where there can be no margin of error.

If we start poorly we could be out the title race before Xmas.

I'm hoping with our front three back we will look a lot better up front as we look dire without them.

I know it's only pre season but the last three games we've been poor, Mignolet is awful as a number 2 and our lack of depth is worrying.
We have been missing our front 3 and a top keeper, all world class players, plus Shaqiri and Keita. When you take that into account our depth isn't too bad, so I can understand where Klopp is coming from.

We have been missing our front 3 and a top keeper, all world class players, plus Shaqiri and Keita. When you take that into account our depth isn't too bad, so I can understand where Klopp is coming from.

You've named Shaqiri and Keita and said our depth isn't too bad...... Two players along with our starting 11 isn't great depth.

Also Klopp doesn't seem to favour Shaqiri, I feel if we get a couple of injuries we will struggle. Hopefully we will be lucky with our main players and they stay fit like last season.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom