The garmin Nuvi 310 Hands Free Phone

C

climbto450

I have recently bought the Garmin Nuvi 310 gps system. I bought this one particularly because it had the bluetooth feature, and thought it would be good to drive and have a hands free car phone system.

I have received a few calls now and the caller can hardly be heard when you are driving and you have to shout for the person on the phone to hear you. The volume of the voice commands from the unit while navigation are load and clear but the moment you receive a call the volume diminishes dramatically.

Has anyone had this same problem with the Garmin Nuvi 310 and if so did they just live with it or is there a solution. Any help would be great, very frustrating when you buy something expecting it to do a certain thing and then it works in a less than satisfactory manor.

Regards Climb.

S

stulive

climbto450 i can totally relate!!! :mad:

The feature which sold me was the bluetooth hands-free,as i travel alot and thought i could kill two birds with one stone and get the gps and hands-free.As you said,normal tones and navigation are fine,but as soon as i make or receive a call its impossible to use.I got my unit replaced as a result of this but to no avail.same thing.Have emailed garmin and will see what they say as this was a critical feature.
If anyone can shed some light on this issue it would be appreciated.:smashin:

S

stulive

Thats strange!!
Do you think that specific/different phones could influence the quality of the sound through the gps??Wouldnt think so but cant seem to think why both units i've owned have this problem

S

stulive

I'm using an i-mate SP5 but have tried it with a nokia 6230 aswell,must say there seemed to be a small improvement but noyhing much,as to allow me to be able to use the bluetooth facility

C

climbto450

I am using a sony ericsson S700i....

stulive sorry to hear you are having the same trouble, I have also emailed Garmin, it has been a few weeks now and have heard nothing back.

let me know if you get any responce to your email.

regards climb

C

climbto450

stulive

I have sent you a PM, re the blue tooth problem

For the rest that may be reading this, I spoke with Garmin and they suggested that you download the latest software version for the Nuvi 310 which is version 2.90