1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

the game of the year, zelda

Discussion in 'Nintendo Forums' started by Arkham Insane, Apr 26, 2005.

1. Arkham Insane

Arkham Insane

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    hi, just thought is start a thread to share our oppions and what will most likely be the best game ever to be released on the cube (fingers crossed). The trailers look amazin (no lord of the rings analogies). the Zelda series of probably the best and most jawdropping that nintendo have ever released, anyone got any ideas for a release date in uk? i cant find any specific date, some say this summer, others say next year.

2. Miyazaki

Miyazaki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +849
    The wind waker was good, i'd give it 8/10, certainly not the best game on the gamecube though for me.

3. t-force

t-force

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +99
    I would be ENORMOUSLY surprised if Zelda GCN came out this summer over here. Most US retailers are giving it an October release date, and even that I would say was being overoptimistic. My guess is late November in the US, and mid-December here if we're VERY lucky. I would have thought early next year is more likely.

4. Arkham Insane

Arkham Insane

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    really? thats bad news, everytime i watch those trailers i salivate lol. But i'd rather wait till next spring than nintendo rush through parts of the game, i want it to be perfect.

5. Rock Da Bass

Rock Da Bass

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +618
    Oct 1st according to play.com but that's probably a guestimate. :rolleyes:

I've not long sold my XBox to buy a cube so I've got a rather large back catalogue of games to work through 1st. RE4 is enough in itself right now :D

RDB :)

6. betamac

betamac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I will be getting this on Pre Order as soon as U.S sites list it, will be my last purchase for the gamecube before we move to next Gen.

7. t-force

t-force

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +99
    DVDBO and VG+ both have it available for pre-order. I've just done mine with dvdbo.

8. PiePie

PiePie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Am I the only one that's a bit underwhelmed? I downloaded one of the trailers and to me it doesn't seem all that different to the N64 versions. All the characters seem to move awkwardly - Link doesn't seem as fluid in motion as he does in Soul Calibur 2, though it could be to do with the quality of the WMV, but the environment and effects seem more fluid than the characters. The scenery looks pretty bland, even for the bleak setting of the game. I need to see a better quality video to be sure, though.
    I'm sure it'll play great, but as far as I can tell it doesn't look particularly stunning.

9. watchinthewheel

watchinthewheel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    it looks great to me and i have always enjoyed zelda games, though i thought windwaker was a dissapointment, the first zelda game i havent played right through mat least once. i just didnt enjoy it.

10. Sinzer

Sinzer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,107
    I was disappointed by Windwaker and I also didn't like the N64 games that much either. I much preferred playing Zelda and the Minish cap on GBA.

I really hope that Nintendo maybe give this Zelda a darker edge to go with the graphics and improve the difficulty, which is abysmally easy on Windwaker. I know the game can be played by little kids, but to be honest most little kids are adept enough at playing games these days there wouldn't be a problem!

11. betamac

betamac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I also did not play Wind waker for long i am not going to say it was a bad game but i could not get used to the new style unfortunately even though i tried

Legend of zelda on the N64 i loved played that to death, had got rid of N64 before majoras mask so never played that. I am really looking forward to this new zelda though i think its what i been waiting for :)

12. betamac

betamac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am surprised you did not like ocarina of time? i am hoping the nez zelda follows closely to that game, one of the best games i ever played, and its still No1 on gamesrankings

http://www.gamerankings.com/itemrankings/simpleratings.asp?rankings=y

13. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +995
    I really hope the new Zelda will be as good as OoT and Majora’s mask. I do have a sneaky feeling though that I won’t feel the same ‘magic’ I did the first time.Over to you Nintendo to make my dreams come true…

14. Sinzer

Sinzer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,107
    I know, I think when it comes to RPG I like my stats too much :p at the time Zelda came out, FF7 was out as well and in my mind the two just do not compare :)

The only Zelda games I have really enjoyed are the 2-D ones, I absolutely love those, I just cannot get into the 3D games, they just seem too simple.

15. PiePie

PiePie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I loved Ocarina of Time. It's frame rate wasn't great, and it didn't have the same sprawling mass of land like with Zelda III, instead it was a series of connected areas so it didn't feel like you were given the freedom to explore as much, but all that's because of the limitations of the N64. The dungeons were beautiful, the controls and battle system were almost perfect. I think there should have been more and more complex time-travel based puzzles, though, considering how many were implimented with the Light and Dark Worlds of Z3.