Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What:

When: Thursday 11th June 2020
  • UK/Ire: 9pm BST
  • North America: 1pm PDT / 2pm MDT / 3pm CDT / 4pm EDT
  • Europe: 10pm CEST / 11pm EEST
  • Asia/Oceania: 5am JST / 4am AWST / 6am AEST
Duration: Officially "A bit over an hour", is scheduled for 2 hours on Event Viewer possibly there will be interviews afterwards on the livestream.

How to Watch:

PlayStation YouTube Channel:

PlayStation Twitch Channel:

Directly on your TV via PS4 Event Viewer

What to Expect:

A proper professional presentation:

A focus on games:

From PlayStation Blog:
But what is a launch without games?

That’s why I’m excited to share that we will soon give you a first look at the games you’ll be playing after PlayStation 5 launches this holiday. The games coming to PS5 represent the best in the industry from innovative studios that span the globe. Studios, both larger and smaller, those newer and those more established, all have been hard at work developing games that will showcase the potential of the hardware.

Nothing cross-gen, certainly not from first-party:

Last edited:
Right Mr ZT...do you think after the games showcase, they will actually show the ps5 atthe end? Or they will save that for a seperate showcase, i think it will be the latter as the console itself has not been mentioned whatsoever

I’m assuming as they wanted to demonstrate on a production model, we will see it but pricing will be kept back.

Right Mr ZT...do you think after the games showcase, they will actually show the ps5 atthe end? Or they will save that for a seperate showcase, i think it will be the latter as the console itself has not been mentioned whatsoever

Nope. I don’t expect to see the box or the price, that’ll be a later event.

This’ll be just about games.

Sounds like Sony have an awful lot of very big and exciting stuff to reveal here. Looking forward to it.

I've been researching the actual console itself reveal...a source has confirmed they are in production, therefore a reveal for the console will be very soon as they don't want any leaks ala naughty dog...

At most I think it will be an hour of just showing games (hopefully proper in game demos) and then a brief look at the console at the end. I do think it will be much bigger than the Pro In size

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been researching the actual console itself reveal...a source has confirmed they are in production, therefore a reveal for the console will be very soon as they don't want any leaks ala naughty dog...

We might see a flash of it on Thursday, but I would expect there to be a console teardown as a separate event, maybe in conjunction with Wired again

A mic drop moment would be a release date and a £399.99 price tag to end the presentation :p

problem is their both playing chicken with the price, with neither revealing as of yet

We might see a flash of it on Thursday, but I would expect there to be a console teardown as a separate event, maybe in conjunction with Wired again

yes you know your research... it was someone from wired i believe that said about reveal very soon.

Horizon Zero Down 2 will be 99% on show.

I want a new killzone but it will probably be Horizon Zero Dawn 2

Can't wait to see what they show on Thursday as just wamt more info for both platforms. This month and next will very interesting to say the least. Very exciting time to be a gamer.

May have to set myself up Thursday night. 2 and a half hours?
716D7E11-209C-41FC-9D89-EAC412983089.jpeg

Gutted but understandable. Hopefully the delay won't be to long but with TLOU 2 coming out they might not want to take the hype away from that launch.

Disappointing but understandable.

2020 is an absolute stinker, it’s like nothing enjoyable is meant to happen.

Disappointing but understandable.

2020 is an absolute stinker, it’s like nothing enjoyable is meant to happen.

Correct, we are in no way allowed to enjoy or have a good 2020, so be prepared for a year of disappointment and feeling worried and bad!
Hopefully means next year will be legendary :)

Anyone who doesn’t give Sony mad props and huge respect for this decision can do one. This is one of the best and bravest statements a corporate entity can make. I hope all of gaming unites to support the BLM cause and do what is right. 10/10 to Sony for this.

I say, fair play, highly commendable and will not harm the public relations one bit.

It‘s no big deal to delay, we can wait a few more weeks, let the world just calm, concentrate on what’s really important......

video games are about fun, it’s not the right time at this moment.

I say, fair play, highly commendable and will not harm the public relations one bit.

It‘s no big deal to delay, we can wait a few more weeks, let the world just calm, concentrate on what’s really important......

video games are about fun, it’s not the right time at this moment.

Sony are taking a stand. They are calling people out on Twitter. This is more than PR. It’s about doing the right thing. Taking a stand. Showing moral fibre.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom