The Full Picture

ozzzy189

Distinguished Member
Time to dig this one up. With the latest sets failing to make much of an inroad into large improvmentsville I thought some valid points here are very relevant.

Last edited:

tele1962

Distinguished Member
From what i have seen up to now PQ on this years Panasonic Plasma line up is superb and i still have hopes that the VT can equal if not surpass the KURO's.:smashin:

ozzzy189

Distinguished Member
From what i have seen up to now PQ on this years Panasonic Plasma line up is superb and i still have hopes that the VT can equal if not surpass the KURO's.:smashin:

i hope they do, it's been long enough, but i wouldn't bank on it.

Inferno

Distinguished Member

Not from what i have seen of the vt this year its not there yet, there is always next year, where have i heard this before mmmmm :devil:.

Ragnarok

I don't get why panasonic don't just make a more expensive set with most of the kuro tech without panasonic's flaws. it won't be cheep, but most of us expect to be paying £3-6k for a top notch plasma TV.

Won't sell well though apart from the AV enthusiasts.

Then maybe for the next year see if they can make it cheaper without re-introducing the flaws and mike the high end set better.

Siochain

Problem is even if they did most Kuro Lovers and panasonic haters would still say that they hadn't
I don't agree. I'm a Kuro owner, I don't love the Kuro or hate the Panasonics. But then again I don't love or hate any Tv because well these are just tv's that are being discussed. Does criticising Panasonic PDP's qualify someone as a Panny hater? Those that have labelled ******** a Panny hater are IMHO talking complete and utter nonsense.

There is a history of Panny PDP issue's that go beyond being merely traits. There are threads with thousands of posts detaling these issues. I've read many posts of owners fighting their retailers for months to replace their Pannys that suffered issues such as the MLL rise. When the majority of said owners finally got a satisfactory resolution, be it replacement or refund they then went out and bought another Panasonic Plasma, I really struggle to comprehend this.

Personally I expect more from Panasonic but I believe they read these and other forums to garner feedback and when they see that the enthusiasts along with Joe Public are lapping up their PDP's despite issues past and present that to me is why there is no incentive for them to build a truly unrivalled Consumer PDP of which they are imo no doubt capable off doing do. Hopefully the Non consumer panel the VX300 will be that Display. Hopefully it's more in line with the price of the VX100 rather than the VX200.

I guess my comments now qualify me as a Panny Hater :)

stranger

I don't agree. I'm a Kuro owner, I don't love the Kuro or hate the Panasonics. But then again I don't love or hate any Tv because well these are just tv's that are being discussed. Does criticising Panasonic PDP's qualify someone as a Panny hater? Those that have labelled ******** a Panny hater are IMHO talking complete and utter nonsense.

There is a history of Panny PDP issue's that go beyond being merely traits. There are threads with thousands of posts detaling these issues. I've read many posts of owners fighting their retailers for months to replace their Pannys that suffered issues such as the MLL rise. When the majority of said owners finally got a satisfactory resolution, be it replacement or refund they then went out and bought another Panasonic Plasma, I really struggle to comprehend this.

Personally I expect more from Panasonic but I believe they read these and other forums to garner feedback and when they see that the enthusiasts along with Joe Public are lapping up their PDP's despite issues past and present that to me is why there is no incentive for them to build a truly unrivalled Consumer PDP of which they are imo no doubt capable off doing do. Hopefully the Non consumer panel the VX300 will be that Display. Hopefully it's more in line with the price of the VX100 rather than the VX200.

I guess my comments now qualify me as a Panny Hater :)

Excellent post.

Trollslayer

Distinguished Member
Won't sell well though apart from the AV enthusiasts.

I think you answered the question - that is why the Kuros ultimately failed.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom