The Full Monty package today

Reaction score
I have an Iphone 4s with the Full Monty which I took out with TMobile from day one 4 years ago? I went for an upgrade after 2 years but was told I would have to accept less capacity for more money so I refused and stuck with my existing phone and package. I understand this was effectively misold as the data is restricted not unlimited. I am just wondering if I have an option to complain if I am restricted on the basis I still have the original package (which they seem to want me to relinquish). I am happy to buy my own phone if required and carry on and having it tethered while travelling is really useful for me.I do not stream movies so it may not be a problem but if I want to have radio streaming all night as I am driving will they restrict this legally?

I have an Iphone 4s with the Full Monty which I took out with TMobile from day one 4 years ago? I went for an upgrade after 2 years but was told I would have to accept less capacity for more money so I refused and stuck with my existing phone and package. I understand this was effectively misold as the data is restricted not unlimited. I am just wondering if I have an option to complain if I am restricted on the basis I still have the original package (which they seem to want me to relinquish). I am happy to buy my own phone if required and carry on and having it tethered while travelling is really useful for me.I do not stream movies so it may not be a problem but if I want to have radio streaming all night as I am driving will they restrict this legally?
It may have been 'mis sold' when you bought it but I think it was unlimited then? They stopped tethering early ( if you were from day one you would not have lost the terhering?) and then there was a hoo ha about the restrictions on peer to peer downloads - not sure but that may have been a restriction from day one? All pretty early and have been in place a long time on your plan?

Most of the time an existing plan is grandfathered and you keep it as it is. At some point they will try to entice you into a new offering and the old plans usually become poor value and you change.

T-Mobile's 'unlimited' Full Monty plan is actually limited for 18 hours a day

T-Mobile blocks tethering for new Full Monty customers

Hold the presses - I believe the plan was 2 years when you bought it - in which case you are on whatever they offered at that last change you didn't take I reckon

T-Mobile launches unlimited ‘Full Monty’ phone plan‎

That may be the grandfathered plan now.

Whatever - ask them for the details but I doubt there is much legal wiggle room. All these plans look simple when you sign - they rarely are simple when you get down the track :)

Last edited:
Many thanks for responding. The plan was taken out in March 2013. 24m contract £36pm.
Inclusive "2Km Unl tx data TM "
I understood that to mean 2000minutes.Unlimited Texts and Data? I don't use a lot of texts or data but I can teather without problems and have never been restricted but then likely never hit the limit if there is one.
It would be likely I am on the "unlimited"deal as it was just launched in January 2013 and I would definitely be looking for that but I only paid £36.(but then maybe VAT on top).
I guess I could try a big streaming download and see what happens?

Many thanks for responding. The plan was taken out in March 2013. 24m contract £36pm.
Inclusive "2Km Unl tx data TM "
I understood that to mean 2000minutes.Unlimited Texts and Data? I don't use a lot of texts or data but I can teather without problems and have never been restricted but then likely never hit the limit if there is one.
It would be likely I am on the "unlimited"deal as it was just launched in January 2013 and I would definitely be looking for that but I only paid £36.(but then maybe VAT on top).
I guess I could try a big streaming download and see what happens?
Your deal was 24 months so when that ended the deal could be changed. It sounds like it was. When you refused the new deal you indicate data is now restricted - it is likely you now have the full monty package as available for new customers as at March 2015. I can't see any mis selling - your deal in 2013 is not the one to look at. You may have continued on the same package but it is most likely under the T&Cs that applied to that package in 2015 for new customers. Best to ask the provider I reckon :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom