• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

The Frame Installation

berneslai

Standard Member
Firstly, apologies because I'm sure this has been asked multiple times buy my searching skills are not up to scratch.

I'm looking at buying the 55" The Frame (2020) for my bedroom and I already have a flat plate plug socket and aerial/ethernet midway up my wall (not recessed but flush with the wall) - I don't want any wires hanging below the TV. Will this setup work with the no gap frame? I've not seen any pictures or videos that show the unit actually plugged in (power + aerial) so I'm not sure if this will work.

ScottM1988

Standard Member
I don’t think it will, i have a 43’’ 2019 frame tv and there would be no room behind it for any sort of socket etc.
I have a 65’’ 2020 one coming next week and looking at the pictures I don’t think it would work either.
The power lead attaches to the one connect box not the actual tv on the 2019 one

berneslai

Standard Member
Thanks. It seems like my setup is actually disadvantageous for The Frame. I have nowhere to hide the one connect box (it's just a bare wall) so it seems like this TV is not for me.

This video helped out also -

JK27

Standard Member
Yep, power goes into the OneConnect box (no power outlet needed on the wall behind the TV). We purchased a OneConnect cable that is designed to go in-wall, so there are zero cables visible to our 65” Frame TV — looks fantastic. We put the OneConnect box in a cabinet below the TV (Along with gaming console, DVR, and other electronics).

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom