The Forbidden Kingdom Blu-ray Review & Comments

Tech News

Reaction score
Reviewed by Brian Day
The Forbidden Kingdom is a great movie. It combines the talents of two of the masters of mainstream martial arts movies and uses them to the best of its ability.
The film has a little bit of everything in it – romance, comedy, action, great visuals and a storyline that whisk you back to a time and place far away.</p> Blu-ray package wise, Lionsgate have once again pulled out every stop to bring us the best possible quality that we should expect when we hand over our cash. Picture quality is way up there with the best examples available on Blu-ray at the moment and I would class it as reference quality.
The DTS HD Master audio 7.1 soundtrack has a certain touch of class about it that is spotted as soon as you spin the disc. Your home cinema system will thank you for the workout – though I’m not sure your neighbours will!
The extras package brings just about everything you need to know about the film from it’s origins to its release. I have docked it a mark though because I couldn’t get the MoLog facility to work properly.</p>
As you can probably tell, I absolutely loved this film and I have no hesitation in recommending it to anybody really. I really couldn’t think of a better way to make your Blu-ray less friends more green with envy than spending a couple of hours in the company of Messrs Chan and Li. It’s that good, I’m going to watch it again tonight – and to me, that’s got to be the highest recommendation of them all…
Read the full review...

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom