The Fog (4K UHD/Blu-ray Steelbook)

RedDevil85

Distinguished Member
Purchase link: Amazon.co.uk - Zavvi

Release date: 29/10/2018 (Re-release: 28/09/2020)

Contains 4K UHD, Blu-ray and Bonus discs. Artwork by Matt Ferguson. Previously Exclusive to Zavvi

tf-png.1059317

Extras:
  • Retribution: Uncovering John Carpenter’s THE FOG: New Making Of / Retro documentary: A brand new feature-length documentary featuring interviews with Cinematographer Dean Cundey, production designer/editor Tommy Lee Wallace, photographer Kim Gottleib-Walker, make-up effects artist Steve Johnson, Carpenter biographer John Muir, music historian Daniel Schweiger, visual effects historian Justin Humphreys and assistant Larry Franco
  • The Shape of The Thing to Come: John Carpenter Un-filmed: a brand new featurette looking at the John Carpenter films that never were
  • Easter Egg – surprise!
  • Intro by John Carpenter – an interview with director John Carpenter originally recorded for a French DVD release in 2003
  • Scene Analysis by John Carpenter - Director John Carpenter analyses key scenes from The Fog, in an interview from 2003
  • Fear on Film: Inside the Fog (1980) - A vintage featurette which includes an interview with John Carpenter
  • The Fog: Storyboard to Film – original storyboards
  • Outtakes
  • TV Spots
  • Theatrical Trailers
  • Photo gallery incl. Behind the Scenes
  • Audio Commentary with writer/director John Carpenter and writer/director Debra Hill
  • Horror's Hallowed Grounds with Sean Clark - a fun tour of the film’s locations hosted by Sean Clark
  • Audio commentary with actors Adrienne Barbeau, Tom Atkins and production designer Tommy Lee Wallace

Attachments

• TF.png
    TF.png
    85.3 KB · Views: 708
  • TF (inside).jpg
    TF (inside).jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 64
  • TF (open).png
    TF (open).png
    103.9 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:

4K UHD Fan

Zavvi exclusive steelbook is a big mistake the scalpers will have bought every copy within a few minutes of it going live!

bionic man666

Damn already put an order in for the john carpenter ltd edition 4k sets that are coming out. Love anything carpenter so I might just get the steels to. That's me skint end of October. Let's hope the scalpers don't beat me to them!:eek:

bionic man666

I know halloween is getting the 4k treatment To, does anyone know if we are going to get a 4k steelbook?. Got the blu ray one which came out 3 or 4 years ago but a 4k one would be nice to go with the other carpenter ones which are coming out.

Jim Di Griz

Distinguished Member
Zavvi exclusive steelbook is a big mistake the scalpers will have bought every copy within a few minutes of it going live!
Except they havent! Seems a bit overpriced this one when the collectors set is only £5 more. Im not sure the EFNY steel will sell out either because the artwork is meh and again, the set is only a fiver more.

Andy3105

I cancelled my orders for this They Live and EFNY and ordered the Collector's Editions from Amazon instead because despite me having money in my account waiting to pay for The Fog & They Live I got an email off of Zavvi telling me there was a 'Payment Problem'and I needed to resubmit my details by following a link in the email which I did.

Anyway, both orders were still stuck in 'Processing' on Thursday evening so I emailed them and tweeted both the main Zavvi twitter and the Zavvi CS twitter accounts.

So by Friday afternoon I had still not heard anything and I was curious, tried to call but was on hold for 30 minutes so I finally lost patience and tweeted them saying I was cancelling my order.

Half an hour later I get an email saying log into your Zavvi account, there's a message waiting for me so I opened it up to find the response from the sales department saying your order is cancelled but no explanation of what had happened.

It's now Sunday evening and I've heard nothing from Zavvi either on Twitter not further emails and I can honestly say I'm disgusted with them.

Andy3105

Just got an email off then but it was about an exclusive Steelbook, someone is taking the piss....

Andy3105

Zavvi customer service is awful it's always hit or miss if you get what you ordered shame they tend to get most steelbooks in the UK.

Yeah it's shocking, I've decided that after the Prince of Darkness 4k Steelbook is released in not going to use them again.

Steelbooks aren't what they were to me anymore and I guess that's a lot to do with Zavvi and the oversaturation of the market they've brought about, time was that a Steelbook was almost an event release but now it's par for the course.

I do find it very irritating that releases like Prince of Darkness can only be bought in 4k as a Steelbook and that it's exclusive to one particular retailer.

4K UHD Fan

Yeah it's shocking, I've decided that after the Prince of Darkness 4k Steelbook is released in not going to use them again.

Steelbooks aren't what they were to me anymore and I guess that's a lot to do with Zavvi and the oversaturation of the market they've brought about, time was that a Steelbook was almost an event release but now it's par for the course.

I do find it very irritating that releases like Prince of Darkness can only be bought in 4k as a Steelbook and that it's exclusive to one particular retailer.
POD was a massive financial letdown on release it could not find its audience despite nowadays it being well regarded as a very good movie. Universal like most studios once they have a movie down on their books as a massive loss it tends to reflect in future home video releases which is why its probably only getting a steel book & not the same treatment as the other 3 Carpenter movies Studio Canal remastered. Amazon are worse than zavvi at handling steel books as well if they cannot source it they keep it on your account for days then tell you about a week later they cannot source it & sometimes give you either £5 or £10 credit on your account which is good but most people want the actual steelbook they ordered in the first place!

RedDevil85

Distinguished Member
This is being re-released on 28th September 2020
No longer exclusive to Zavvi.

OP updated with Amazon link.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom