1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The firework season has started already

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by HMHB, Sep 24, 2005.

1. HMHB

HMHB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,962
    Well there have been loud fireworks going off for the last few days around here - thanks for that new law you brought in last year Mr Blair it really made a difference ! I think the only way to stop the kids getting hold of them is to stop selling them altogether and only have proper displays.
    Any other thoughts ?

2. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +474
    I would be in favour of that. Firework seasons starts now and finishes next March otherwise.

3. oxygenuk

oxygenuk
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    god damn chavs' fault

4. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,483
    They should be banned from sale until the week before hand and illegal for them to be set other than the 5thNov or the nearest Saturday.

When I was a lad you use to be able to pick your fireworks well in hand and shopkeeper use to put them away for you. Now they are mainly used for mischief.
    If that does not work ban them except for organised show an for the same periodic 5thNov or the nearest Saturday.

If someone wants to make his own and blow their heads off, we that’s one less muddying the gene pool. :devil: :rotfl:

5. The Dude

The Dude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,521
    ban selling them alltogether, organised displays only.

everybody attending organised communal displays can only be good for our increasingly insular society anyway...

We have a massive 5th Nov. display near us, sometimes it seems virtually the whole town attends, people even travel 10-20 miles... It's been a right of passage since i was a kid, and still is even today.
    One of the few remaining events left around here that still draws people of all ages/types together in the same place. :thumbsup:

6. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,239
    In my corner of Manchester its dead q-u-i-e-t

Did get fireworks last year....till the council chucked everyone out of those flats down the road, and are now in process of renovating them

7. rob j

rob j

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Fireworks were going off at 9.45am last Friday morning near to me! Completely ruined my planned lie-in on the first day of my two-weeks holiday time from work! :mad:

What muppets set fireworks off during daylight anyway? This is just a complete waste of money!

I don't agree with banning them outright, but perhaps sale 2 weeks only up untill November 5th, then once more in the week up to New Years Eve would be more appropriate.

I love fireworks, but the morons in our society have made them a nuisance for everyone else. :rolleyes:

8. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,239
    Shamefully it'll probably be ppl in my age group (16-22). They probably think their gang are cool and hard or something

Although if I met them, I'd bring them down to earth, by pointing out setting off fireworks in daylight is s-tu-p-i-d. Something they'd realise if they was in school/sixth form/work like they're meant to be at 9.45 am