• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

The Finest Hours (Feb 19th 2016)

barnaby jones

Distinguished Member
New action, disaster biopic is coming to IMAX 3D screens next year.
Starring Ben Foster, Chris Pine, Casey Affleck and Eric Bana.
The film is loosely based on the true story of the Pendleton rescue mission attempt in 1952 by Coast Guard ships, wherein two oil tankers were split asunder by a nor'easter.
Directed by Craig Gillespie with a screenplay by Scott Silver,Eric Johnson and Paul Tamasy. Based on the 2009 book by Casey Sherman and Michael J. Tougias.
The Walt Disney film cost them a cool $85m to produce.

barnaby jones

Distinguished Member
ImageUploadedByAVForums1447286095.311030.jpg

domtheone

Distinguished Member
Looks worth a watch. Early reviews not so encouraging mind.

The 3D IMAX (who'd have known, no IMAX footage:rolleyes:) can do one though.

SteveAWOL

Distinguished Member
Was hoping that this would be a high quality seafaring drama (like Captain Phillips) that warrants a trip to the IMAX but judging by critic reviews (I see that Empire game it 2*) The Finest Hours is more akin to the Perfect Storm.

barnaby jones

Distinguished Member
I'm seeing it this weekend, not on IMAX, as my local isn't showing it on the format but just on regular old 2D.
Judging by the reviews I've seen it sounds like a good old fashioned disaster pic. RT has it just in fresh territory.

domtheone

Distinguished Member
Was going to see this yesterday with my freebie vue ticket but the time didn't fit so I ended up watching Point Break instead.

I gave PB a 5/10 so maybe i made the right choice:confused::eek::D

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom