1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The final step [hopefully !]

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Radioactive__Man, Mar 11, 2001.

1. Radioactive__Man

Radioactive__Man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    I am looking to replace my Paradigm PS1000 sub in the next few months, my question is this. Based upon my current amp and speaker setup what price/performance range should I be looking at for a sub ?.

AX-1
    Mission 783
    Mission 78c
    Mission 771
    Mission 77c

I am looking for price range and manufacturer data, as I intend to audition them. So please do not inundate me with "this box kicks ass" replies as everyones tastes are different.

btw my reason for changing :-
    1] sub is a bit boomy and not tight enough for my liking.
    2] looking for a more aesthetic solution.

thanks in advance
    Stephen

2. jmlane

jmlane

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The REL's definitely deliver very tight bass. I've demoed the Starta III (£600/700), although I thought it lacked a bit of punch - the Q range is supposed to have more.

I also recently demoed an M&K I don't know the Product name but it is £650 in Audio T. I wasn't quite as tight as the REL, but it didn't lack any punch.

I thought both were good for music as well.

I'm sure you'll get much more informed replies than mine - but I hope this helps a little.

[This message has been edited by jmlane (edited 11-03-2001).]

3. Jason_B

Jason_B

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I demoed M&K VX100 against RELQ200E - M&K was £150/£200 more (approx £700), but I chose it as I felt the REL was a bit boomy in the demo. I also liked the look of the M&K which has no visible cone / grill, as it fire down into the floor. There is an online review of this in the HCC Test Bench. Even thought the sub is very small, it really can shake the room. I'm very pleased with mine.