THE fINAL cOUNTDOWN??

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Dr Lecter, Mar 9, 2002.

1. Dr Lecter

Dr Lecter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I understand The Final Countdown ( USS Nimitz goes through a time portal back to Pearl Harbour)has been released on Region One and Region Four, but it will not be available on Region 2 does anyone know why??

2. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    beats me.....well no, it probably because we are region 2....any opportunity to make us the poorer cousins is always taken! Discrimination it is.

ad

3. Confucius

Confucius

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +132
    Well if the R1 SE is out nowhere seems to stock it!

I've tried A&B Sound, Amazon.com, DC-DVD, Future Ent, Movietyme, Play 247.

I know there's a R4 release but I've not heard good things about it.

4. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well I've just checked Play, and there it is. 'The Final Countdown' at £4.99. It's in one of the promotions, but it's out of stock at the moment. I also saw it for sale this morning at a market in Wisbech, Cambs, so it's out there if you really want it!!

5. Rambo John J

Rambo John J
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,000
    As I understand it, the US release is only going to be available mail order from the company that's releasing it, only I can't remember who it is. www.thedigitalbits.com are always posting info about it when it comes available though, so it's worth searching on there if you're interested.
    I've got the R2 disc and it's better than the price would indicate - nice clean non-anamorphic 2.35:1 widescreen (apart from one 2-3 second outdoor night shot of a plane that looks seriously grainy) with a better-than-I-thought-it-would-be 2.0 surround audio track and a trailer. For £4.99 it's a steal. I've paid 3 times the price for discs that aren't as good before.

6. malcy

malcy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You can get it on R2 in the UK now, I got it last week !
    It is released by Hollywood DVD a small budget label who mainly release TV movies you have never heard of
    Spec is Letterbox 2.35 (NOT anamorphic) English Dolby 2.0 with a trailer

Sources of this are
    Our Price £5.99 or in 5 for £20 promotion of other Hollywood DVD titles (note as now seperate from Virgin owned by an Aussie Company it is not on sale in Virgin Megastores). None of the other major high street chains stock it. Because of the price it seems Hollywood titles are only stocked in discount stores or similar.

Blackstar.co.uk where it is £3.99 plus £1.40 postage so £5.39 this is where I got it from although out of stock they got it in within 24 hours and then arrived a day later. I phoned when they originally said out of stock and they said had no problems getting stock and are selling loads - it was in 7th on their sales chart. They seem to be the only online retailer with any stock.

Had tried Play who are completely useless were awaiting new stock with my order for 3 weeks and never got any in so cancelled.

Hope this helps

Malcolm