The Final Countdown

sonny

I have had email from Amazon stating that this old favourite is about to be released as a 2 discer commentary, extras and all!
Apparently the Amazon offer is advertised as discounted for pre-orders and works out at about £15 which is cheaper than play.
I had no idea this was on the cards but did not hesitate to order it.
Anyone know if a R2 will follow?

Indiana Jones

There is already a Region 2 release of the film but its a bare bones release with just the film and a trailer, by dad got it for his birthday last year, think it was only £5 but I wouldnt mind a 2 disc edition.

M

Markmw

I looked into this when I heard there was a new release.

The R1 2 disc limited edition is a new transfer - and anamorphic with DTS - certainly be better than the current R2 (in the 3 for £10 bin at Play). Supposedly limited to 100,000 copies.

Couldnt find any news of an R2 equivalent.

Have got on pre-order with DVDPacific for $17 - call it £11.50 with shipping. Due end of month and can't wait.

http://www.blue-underground.com/movie.php?movie_id=50

Garrett

How come the Limited Edition is cheaper than the normal version?

M

Markmw

Received this yesterday from DVDPacific (no deliery probs there).
The picture quality is great on this new transfer is great. Really looking forward to watching it again.
The holographic-style cover with a disappearing Nimitz is also a winner.

the_pauley

Banned
Just got mine this morning - will get back when I watch it and have compared it to the budget R2 release.

Love the holo-cover - tasty!

sonny

What goes on?
I started this thread and I still have not had mine!
It has been posted by Amazon though, so maybe tomorrow?

the_pauley

Banned
Sound and pic head and shoulders above the R2 release. Pair of decent docos too. :smashin:

maguire

Banned
I'll stick with my bought in 2001 R4 disc that has dolby surround and is presented in wide screen, line doubled it looks great on my W/S HDTV.

the_pauley

Banned
Not only is the picture and sound re-mastered for the R1 release, but the disc is anamorphic widescreen and a choice of DD 5.1 and DTS 6.1 ES soundtracks.

The Australian copy seems to have the same specs as the R2 release, namely non-anamorphic and Dolby 2.0.

Believe me the improvement is significant, and surely would look even better on your HDTV?

TonyD

Standard Member
I've just ordered my copy. Does anybody know if the soundtrack is available on cd ? ( I've got it on vinyl, but no turntable at the moment )

the_pauley

Banned
Bonus materials on the DVD show a couple of CD releases.