The Final Countdown 4K Blu-ray Review & Comments

Balthazar

Novice Member
I saw this movie in a very small theater in my town and loved it. Can anyone tell me if the extra contents of this bluray are subtitled in English? Unfortunately I don't understand spoken English...
Thanks

brian s

Distinguished Member
I saw this movie in a very small theater in my town and loved it. Can anyone tell me if the extra contents of this bluray are subtitled in English? Unfortunately I don't understand spoken English...
Thanks
I've absolutely no idea but your written English is clearly excellent. Do you mind if if I ask why you have a problem with the spoken version?

Bri

Balthazar

Novice Member
Thank you Brian, but I write very well only because I help my self with a on line translator.
I can say that 70% of text is mine meanwhile 30% no.
However, for me write a text is not a very problem for me. After all I am able to make myself understood.I don't understand English spoken because I have not my hear that is used to listen the language spoken. In particularly, often american language is full of slang and very many words are pronounced notary clearly. At least to foreign ears.
I should spend at least two hours a day watching maybe films in the original language, but then when you live in another country and the daily grind takes its toll, you realise that you have very little time. If I were in the US or the UK, I would probably have trained my ear within 6 months. That's why I ask if there are English subtitles. I already own the film in Italian, but I'm curious to see the extras and if they are subtitled it makes sense for me to buy the Blu Ray again.
At the moment I got this dvd version...

Attachments

• 51YVvfG3ykL.jpg
    51YVvfG3ykL.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 26

Garrett

I've absolutely no idea but your written English is clearly excellent. Do you mind if if I ask why you have a problem with the spoken version?

Bri

Thank you Brian, but I write very well only because I help my self with a on line translator.
I can say that 70% of text is mine meanwhile 30% no.
However, for me write a text is not a very problem for me. After all I am able to make myself understood.I don't understand English spoken because I have not my hear that is used to listen the language spoken. In particularly, often american language is full of slang and very many words are pronounced notary clearly. At least to foreign ears.
I should spend at least two hours a day watching maybe films in the original language, but then when you live in another country and the daily grind takes its toll, you realise that you have very little time. If I were in the US or the UK, I would probably have trained my ear within 6 months. That's why I ask if there are English subtitles. I already own the film in Italian, but I'm curious to see the extras and if they are subtitled it makes sense for me to buy the Blu Ray again.
At the moment I got this dvd version...
I can understand that, when I watched Rab C Nesbit it took me a week or two to understand every word and that in English with a Scottish dialect. Written words would be OK.
I sometimes miss a punch line on Frasier and have to turn Subtitles on, and the other night started watching Justified and some of it I did not get from one of the persons.
I believe its the other way round in America and that don't get some of our dialects, and have subtitles.
So for someone with English is not there first language I can well understand.

Balthazar

Novice Member
It's a little difficult learn english spoken, anyway is somethink that we can learn...they (all english language people) are not alien ;)
If they learned spoken English, we'll learn it too.
So, someone tell me if this Blu-ray has subtitle in the extra, please? So I find money for it? :)
Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom