The Fifth Element (Zavvi Exclusive) (4K UHD/Blu-ray Steelbook)

^^ talk about devil on my shoulder, jeeez :rolleyes: :devil:

I genuinely am curious though, just perhaps not curious enough to want to waste money if i can help it :rotfl:

Selling the Sony would cover a good chunk wouldn't it? Could also wait until it hits the 2 for £30.
Also depends if you want the extras as the SC disc doesn't have them.

Selling the Sony would cover a good chunk wouldn't it? Could also wait until it hits the 2 for £30.
Also depends if you want the extras as the SC disc doesn't have them.
Yeah it would and i probably would wait for a 2for30 tbf. I'm just trying to avoid the faff of buying one to sell another if there really isn't any point lol

Also I've got some extras on the bluray from the kimchi steel, which I think is region free.. honestly can't remember.

^^ talk about devil on my shoulder, jeeez :rolleyes: :devil:

I genuinely am curious though, just perhaps not curious enough to want to waste money if i can help it :rotfl:
Farm hillbilly guy says:
11f237c545ef6f9b046b30a83dd7f482.jpg

I watched this tonight and thought it looked great. The last time I watched it though was my old DVD so can’t compare it to much. Colours were bold, grain was light, blacks were inky and detail was fine. Top purchase.

Back in stock. At £22 with ZAVEH12 it was to tempting not to double dip :rolleyes:

Wasn't initially keen on this but after seeing the photos that have been posted in this thread I changed my mind. Just ordered with 12% off. Hopefully the cardboard boxes are back and no Jiffy bags.

Wasn't initially keen on this but after seeing the photos that have been posted in this thread I changed my mind. Just ordered with 12% off. Hopefully the cardboard boxes are back and no Jiffy bags.
i wouldn't count on that mate. i've had 3 steels delivered this week, all double jiffy bagged, All undamaged also, but we're rolling the dice here a bit now o_O

I had this show up in a cardboard mailer yet Airplane, which was released the same day from memory, showed up in a jiffy bag about 5 days later!

i wouldn't count on that mate. i've had 3 steels delivered this week, all double jiffy bagged, All undamaged also, but we're rolling the dice here a bit now o_O

Was tempted but can't order anything above €22 anymore....
Belgium custom fees are crasy now and don't want to pay €36 on top of the price.
Didn't buy as much as before, but now, i'm not even sure i'll buy anything from Zavvi at all.

The last time they had something in stock (avengers endgame) the gloss had terrible gloss streaks. I ended up getting my money back. POS zavvi quality control

Belgium custom fees are crasy now and don't want to pay €36 on top of the price.
Didn't buy as much as before, but now, i'm not even sure i'll buy anything from Zavvi at all.
Wow, that's awful mate, i don't blame you though. Isn't there a zavvi.nl site or something? Or does that not help customs as it's probably still coming from Guernsey?

Can you get away with customs if someone labels it as a gift?? Could always order it to someone here and get them to forward it on to you and label it as a gift?

The last time they had something in stock (avengers endgame) the gloss had terrible gloss streaks. I ended up getting my money back. POS zavvi quality control
Must've been a bad sample mate, my endgame lenti arrived mint. Didn't hear of many poor reports of endgame either, not like ESB anyway. You can't blame zavvi for manufacturing defects though, the fault lies with scanavo denmark there.

Can you get away with customs if someone labels it as a gift?? Could always order it to someone here and get them to forward it on to you and label it as a gift?
That usually works for most customs charges, marking below retail value. However i expect forwarding costs from uk to nl nullifies most of the saving. Shipped something to Germany recently and it was about 16quid.

Wow, that's awful mate, i don't blame you though. Isn't there a zavvi.nl site or something? Or does that not help customs as it's probably still coming from Guernsey?

Customs fees are based on the price that's written on the box, Using Zavvi.de, Zavvi.com or any other does not change anything. Yes, 90% come from Guernsey.
Belgium only started grabbing easy cash recently even though they are allowed to do it since January 31st 2020 (Brexit)
I guess Covid19 gave them plenty of time to look for new incomes.

Shipping costs are crazy too mate, so no point in asking a mate to send me the item instead.
Usually around £10 to ship from the UK to Belgium.
Unless i buy 10 and divide the shipping cost, but i didn't even buy 10 in the last year from Zavvi so...
I never paid shipping from Zavvi as they send it to Europe for free.

The only thing i can do is wait until the price drops below €22... but a lot of titles never go that low and sellout before, or i grab it from France, Germany Italy if its not exclusive.

Germany started to take customs a couple of years ago, Belgium is really going for it recently, other European countries are probably going to follow this as it is easy money.
Who would not want to ask £30 just to put an extra sticker on a parcel? :rolleyes: :D

Zavvi is definitely going to sell a lot less steelbooks in Europe and receive way more returns too.
Its different for other stuff (marchandise, funko, clothing...) as these things are usually shipped from Spain or The Netherlands...

Last edited:
Stuck an order in, seeing as with code it wasn't much more than the 4K amaray and they share the same artwork anyway, I thought sod it, the pics/finish twisted my arm.

Must've been a bad sample mate, my endgame lenti arrived mint. Didn't hear of many poor reports of endgame either, not like ESB anyway. You can't blame zavvi for manufacturing defects though, the fault lies with scanavo denmark there.
Ya I got fed up because they're still playing ignorant on my ROTJ SECOND defective copy 🤬 i got my refund and will wait to see if nova or filmarena will come out with a WEA design... the WWA one isn't to my liking

Mine copy turned up today. Had to chase them up as one week after ordering it was still showing as awaiting dispatch. Co-incidence or not it was dispatched a few hours after I tweeted them.
So pleased I ordered this as it is a lovely looking steelbook, the finish is perfect and none of the issues affecting the Star Wars steels.
Not watched this in over 20 years, last purchased on laserdisc and I don't recall the movie being that great, I hope my opinion has changed. If not I blame you guys on here for posting your great looking pics. :D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom