The Favourite (Yorgos Lanthimos, UK Blu-ray 2019)

IGC

Distinguished Member
2DaXC8S.jpg

Whatever happened to Merchant Ivory? :D

Another great film from Yorgos Lanthimos -that's 6th in a row (The Killing of a Sacred Deer/The Lobster/Alps/Dogtooth/Kinetta). Absolutely loved all the characters and the film looked beautiful. I always wondered what he'd do if he had LOTS of money and The Favourite looks like it had a wad of cash and talent.

Shame there's no UHD from the lazy Fox or fancy editions (maybe South Korean will cough something up).

No date that I can see for the UK release but the US has March 2019.

IGC

Distinguished Member
Just watched the Oscars:

Olivia Colman was amazing so it was a well deserved Oscar.

I had a feeling she had a great chance .

Garrett

CmwcZc9.png

:D

I lub those Amazon reviewers.
Well at least they did not give 1 star IMDB is worse where there just a mediocre film and someone will give it 1/10 and say the worst film they ever seen.
I have to say I only seen short clips and all I see is Olivia shouting in them.

Garrett

On IMDB you will see reviews giving 1/10 for ANY film - no matter how great!
I know as I said before I think just give extremes to skew the average score, for instance I saw some giving The Huntsman Winter War 10/10 :eek: and some 1/10 :eek:
Or they only seen one film before and it's better or worse than the one before:D

IGC

Distinguished Member
Lazy arse Fox really pushed the boat out adding that 10 Oscar label!

sN1UcP9.jpg

9zjsXCz.jpg

CmZk2kz.jpg

Shame that's there so little extras (as usual with Fox) although YouTube is bursting with stuff. The film needed much more love on home video with at least a UHD release.

As we're a month behind we'll be getting OSCAR WINNER! on our label! I like that the banner Blu-ray - DVD -Digital sort of ties in with the main artwork but imagine what the ex-employees of EIV would've done :D

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom