1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Fantastic Four Whoop I Mean The Incredibles.

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Garrett, Dec 8, 2004.

1. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,005
    How the heck have they got away with it the group is all but the same all the character apart from the Human Torch are in there:

Mr. Incredible/The Thing both strong.
    Elastigirl/Mr Fantastic both stretch.
    Invisible Girl?/ Invisible Girl and that one I found most interesting as I saw a trailer the other day and saw in the film she uses a force field, since when apart from The Fantastic Four has an invisible person used a force field?

The only change is the boy who runs fast has been used to replace The Human Torch.

2. eviljohn2

eviljohn2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
    The baby is remarkably like The Human Torch at the end (when he bursts into flames).

I was sorely disappointed with this film, bland storyline, bland characters, bland dialogue :(
    I really wanted to enjoy it but can't rank it as anything better than average.

3. Mango Bob

Mango Bob
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I take it you never saw Shark Tale then? That was the definition of two-dimensional!

I actually really enjoyed the incredibles...and given the similarity I'd say it's probably intentional. Pixar probably have permission, although wouldn't they have to credit the copyright owners?

4. Yandros

Yandros

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +531
    We spent about half the movie with big goofy grins on our faces. I think it helps a lot if you're into the genre. I thought it was the best Pixar effort yet, and it goes right near the top of my feelgood movie pile. Maybe we saw a different film to Eviljohn, because I had no issues with the characters and thought the writing was very sharp.

Incidentally, I think you'll find there are elements shamlessly nicked from several superhero sources.

The whole backstory owes a lot to Watchmen, as does the "why capes are bad" routine. Frozone= Iceman. Fantastic Four similarities already mentioned above. Sets straight out of Bond (as is the music - Brad Bird actually wanted John Barrie to do it!).

Oh, and many people have suggested that a major character bears an uncanny resemblance to Harry Knowles from Ain't it Cool News!

5. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,005
    I did noticed the music used for the trailer was from OHMSS.

6. Kazman

Kazman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    I loved this movie too, one of the best of the year in my book. Great script, and an interesting take on the super hero genre :)

Will be interesting to see how Fantastic Four compares.

7. Solomon Grundy

Solomon Grundy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,407
    this film was awesome...funniest bit for me was the (potential spoiler) little kid on the bike at the end of the driveway!!!

brilliant!!!

8. beecee

beecee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +260
    he was cool, his last line just made the movie for me, loved this film, best pixar movie yet. and....(and the ending, maybe a sequel? here's hoping :thumbsup: )