The Fanatic (TBC) directed by Fred Durst

raigraphixs

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Thriller with John Travolta directed by Limp Bizkit frontman Fred Durst

On the grimey streets of Hollywood, a hyper, celebrity-obsessed man-child feels slighted by his favorite movie star at an autograph convention and embarks on an unhinged quest to get a response from the actor – leading to a home invasion and a VERY long night that changes both men irreparably. John Travolta (Moose), Devon Sawa (Hunter), and Ana Golja (Leah) team up in this violent, pitch black satire of our culture’s obsession with fame, and the social contract between celebrities and their fans in the social media age.

A BTS photo of a beaten Travolta doing his best Terminator impression :D with director Durst, lurking behind.

image.jpeg

Last edited:
The trailer reminded me a lot of Tony Scott's The Fan with Bob DeNiro. Not a bad little flick if anyone fancies it.

that's exactly what I thought.
Travolta can go a bit OTT when he's looning it up but I think that'll fit quite nicely in this one

More people have looked at this thread than watched the actual movie.

he's much more likely to get a Razzie than an Oscar, for the acting at least. His hair should get some kind of award, though, that went all-in and made a superbly committed performance

i enjoyed JT in Gotti, so this should be a walk in the park

just out of curiosity, has anyone else seen it?
I still find it quite hard to find the right words to describe it but if JT's genuinely campaigning for an Oscar nom there's no way on earth he's seen the finished film. It's literally JT does a mildly threatening riff on Simple Jack, haircut an' all. It's meant to be serious drama but I laughed long and loud throughout so I can't in all honesty condemn it. It got more laughs out of me than a lot of comedies. Even the 2nd time I watched it. But that's not really their intention.

just out of curiosity, has anyone else seen it?
I still find it quite hard to find the right words to describe it but if JT's genuinely campaigning for an Oscar nom there's no way on earth he's seen the finished film. It's literally JT does a mildly threatening riff on Simple Jack, haircut an' all. It's meant to be serious drama but I laughed long and loud throughout so I can't in all honesty condemn it. It got more laughs out of me than a lot of comedies. Even the 2nd time I watched it. But that's not really their intention.

Yeah saw it. Hilariously awful.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom