The FA Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought it was quite telling the way the owner celebrated with the players and manager on the pitch after the game. Could you imagine the Glazers, Henry or Kroenke down there (or even being at the game for that matter)?

Henry did celebrate on the bus when Liverpool paraded the trophy on the streets of Liverpool, but yeah, you wouldn't see them on the pitch celebrating.

Thought it was quite telling the way the owner celebrated with the players and manager on the pitch after the game. Could you imagine the Glazers, Henry or Kroenke down there (or even being at the game for that matter)?
Abramovich has been in on the pitch a few times I think. The first time we won the league in his era was a especially jubilant IIRC

Until his fallout with our government policies he used be in the stands for most matches and came into the dressing to celebrate

These days he tends keep away

If it were Arsenal, Kroenke probably be in America not knowing we were playing :suicide:

Abramovich has been in on the pitch a few times I think. The first time we won the league in his era was a especially jubilant IIRC

Until his fallout with our government policies he used be in the stands for most matches and came into the dressing to celebrate

These days he tends keep away
Roman is not American, unlike the above mentioned, and IMO has a better grasp of what football means to the supporter and does not take the fans for granted .. whereas the US owners it's a money-making venture first and foremost and fans opinions account for nought to them. Hence why the limited protest at both Chelsea and MC was purely against the ESL , not to rid those clubs of what IMO are very good owners ..

To be quite honest everything you see about Leicester just says class.

Must be great to be a supporter, and even more so if you're an old one who has seen the club progress from where it was to being PL champions and now FA Cup winners.

Whilst I agree overall, it is worth remembering though they broke FFP rules to get themselves promoted in the first place, giving them an unfair advantage that season.

Must be great to be a supporter, and even more so if you're an old one who has seen the club progress from where it was to being PL champions and now FA Cup winners.
I imagine Gary Lineker is still in tears!

And, apparently, he thinks VAR is the best thing ever to happen to football!;)

Last edited:
I'm a bit late, but well done Leicester.

I would still like to see a team outside the PL actually win the trophy during the rest of my lifetime, even outside the Top Six would be nice, but as a neutral it's always good to see a club win the Cup for the first time in its history.

This made me laugh, though: we've had a Season of sanitised fake crowd noise and cardboard cutouts in the stands during TV broadcasts, which practically added nothing to the match atmosphere whatsoever.

Yesterday's game included mass booing every time Ben Chilwell touched the ball, laughter and relief when the Chelsea equaliser was ruled out, and sheer pandemonium when Leicester scored.

To the ESL mercenaries: I hope you were watching yesterday's coverage because football is NOTHING without the fans. You can have all the money and the biggest stadiums in the world, but it's pointless if there's no one there to enjoy it (sorry, just had to get that in!).

I’ve always thought the ‘football is nothing’ thing to be a tad histrionic, especially in the current circumstances. Right now most of us are glad to just have some football - its just something we’ve had to put up with for a while. Hopefully its all back to normal from August.

I’ve always thought the ‘football is nothing’ thing to be a tad histrionic, especially in the current circumstances. Right now most of us are glad to just have some football - its just something we’ve had to put up with for a while. Hopefully its all back to normal from August.
I think I'm basing my final paragraph on my OWN experience.

We've had a crappy Season, but I'm not too bothered as I just haven't been as emotionally engaged as in previous years. To hear the players shouting at each other inside an echoey stadium hasn't been too inspiring for me, it's felt more like a training game than a do-or-die encounter.

Fans create atmosphere and emotion. For me, it's just like watching a video game without them.

There is no away goals role anymore. Not in Europe anyway.

Replays have been a part of the FA Cup forever. Nothing better than seeing a 4th tier side beat or earn a replay against one of the big boys.

There is no away goals role anymore. Not in Europe anyway.

Replays have been a part of the FA Cup forever. Nothing better than seeing a 4th tier side beat or earn a replay against one of the big boys.

I used to love the FA Cup back in the day when a tie went to 3, sometimes 4 replays, & replays back then would be the midweek after the original match, none of this waiting 10 days after the first match for the replay we have today, the League Cup used to be the same until the semis.

Time to bring this thread back!

I don't know who it is, but there's a match on BBC2 now. Love the early rounds with the minnows.

When colchester are the 'massive' team they really must be minnows 😁

Stockport with a fantastic performance against Bolton.

The greatest cup competition in the world.

Gutted, Challinor left us right after signing a new contract... The last time I checked they were getting beat 3-2.

Smug me "Ha, they're getting knocked out while we beat Wycombe on their own turf"

There's always the next round...

Third round draw made 7th - 10th January.

Not listing the lot but the obvious standout meeting is Manchester City v Swindon.. er I mean Manchester United v Steven Gerrard's Aston Villa.

It's a win/win playing equal opposition. Wouldn't put it past the current team to lose to a game L1 side...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom