The FA Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Done Leicester 👏🏆

Nice seeing the son? of the director who died in the crash hugging Brendan Rogers and team

Hats off to Leicester, very well done.

Whilst I might be wrong here, it seams to me that, unlike for example the team they have just beaten that

1) The Leicester owner/s style is to remain in the background and avoid headlines / controversy. As an example I bet a lot more people can name the owner of the team they just beat versus the owner/s of Leicester

2) Leicester appear to be a club who manage finances from a realistic standpoint and do not continually spend millions and millions on players and have a revolving door of managers, unlike the team they just beat

3) Leicester appear to be a club who value fans and oppose the ESL, which is also unlike the team they just beat

Well done Leicester, all quite poetic.

That said, born in Salford, I hope Chelsea rebound from this and beat City in the CL final.

I thought Fofana had a great game as well.
Oh well, another big game on Tuesday and then again following Saturday.

Coming thick and fast.

Off to bleed my brakes now LOL!

Hats off to Leicester, very well done.

Whilst I might be wrong here, it seams to me that, unlike for example the team they have just beaten that

1) The Leicester owner/s style is to remain in the background and avoid headlines / controversy. As an example I bet a lot more people can name the owner of the team they just beat versus the owner/s of Leicester

2) Leicester appear to be a club who manage finances from a realistic standpoint and do not continually spend millions and millions on players and have a revolving door of managers unlike the team they just beat

3) Leicester appear to be a club who value fans and opposed the ESL, which is also unlike the team they just beat

Well done Leicester

That said, born in Salford, I hope Chelsea rebound from this and beat City in the CL final.

Yep they are an exemplary example of how to manage a football club. The best recruitment policy of any club in the PL too.

I thought Fofana had a great game as well.
Oh well, another big game on Tuesday and then again following Saturday.

Coming thick and fast.

Off to bleed my brakes now LOL!

Just make sure your lot win the CL final, otherwise ban yourself for 90 days :D

It looked like a perfectly timed run from Chilwell, but obviously it wasn't. He will have to do better next time.

I think Leicester proved that when they won the PL, no?
That was closed as a one in a million-year occurrence .. but they are one of the big boys in that they can and do win the big prizes

They were in tier 3 at some point , now a firmly established EPL team .

Nothing against Chelsea but glad Leicester won at the fifth time of asking, can remember the last one won by a Neil Young goal.

What's the obsession of getting CL over a trophy? Plus, if you win the CL then you qualify anyway.
I'd always a take a F.A cup win over getting top 4,far more joy for me in celebrating a cup win,than a some satisfaction in finishing 4th

You can never remember few years down the line how you got champions league, unless you won the title,but you can always remember the Cup win many years down the line

It looked like a perfectly timed run from Chilwell, but obviously it wasn't. He will have to do better next time.
No real controversy this time, he was offside.

I'd always a take a F.A cup win over getting top 4,far more joy for me in celebrating a cup win,than a some satisfaction in finishing 4th

You can never remember few years down the line how you got champions league, unless you won the title,but you can always remember the Cup win many years down the line

That’s a very good point and never looked at it like that.

I guess a lot of the preference for CL stems from money with clubs (owners / managers) believing the CL will, longer term provide more money to enable them to become a bigger / more successful team v the benefits an FA Cup victory.

Well done Leicester, really pleased. Caspher is a brilliant goalie who've I've always wished to come for us, the owner seems a great bloke and seeing him with the team made me very jealous, wish all football owners could be like this.
Great that fans could be there, felt so sorry for Jordan last year not having fans around to lift the EPL trophy.
Well Done Applause GIF by MOODMAN

No real controversy this time, he was offside.
By current PL/VAR standards yes, but decisions like this need to be got rid of. In terms of feet position he was onside. As an attacking player with forward momentum towards the goal the upper body naturally leans forward in the direction of travel, whereas the defenders with back to goal, and facing where the attack was coming from, back of heel was the closest measurable body part. And because VAR thinks you can score a goal with your shoulder it’s deemed as suitable to draw the line from. This is all on top of the science that proves that the distance a professional athlete travels versus the ball based on what is captured on 50fps footage is a false measurement.

That’s a very good point and never looked at it like that.

I guess a lot of the preference for CL stems from money with clubs (owners / managers) believing the CL will, longer term provide more money to enable them to become a bigger / more successful team v the benefits an FA Cup victory.
Mainly down to the owners ,PL in trying to make finishing 4th a trophy .

Don't think any Leicester fan that went to Wembley today and saw that match would swap that FA Cup win for top 4

Not just that though, as a fan you want your club to compete, and CL money is big compared to not getting it, so got to think about that too.

I'd rather have a major trophy over top 4, but I also want my team to have every chance possible going forward too.

Don't think any Leicester fan that went to Wembley today and saw that match would swap that FA Cup win for top 4
It’s not about being top 4. It’s about being in the CL the following year, to be able to win it and to be able to attract the players in the transfers seasons.

Ofcourse I’d like us to have won the FA Cup. Goes without saying. But I was just making the point that if it’s between CL next year and FA cup this, having won many FA Cups in recent times, I’d prefer the CL position.

If people don’t agree, that’s fine. That’s their opinion as mine is mine.

It’s not about being top 4. It’s about being in the CL the following year, to be able to win it and to be able to attract the players in the transfers seasons.

Ofcourse I’d like us to have won the FA Cup. Goes without saying. But I was just making the point that if it’s between CL next year and FA cup this, having won many FA Cups in recent times, I’d prefer the CL position.

If people don’t agree, that’s fine. That’s their opinion as mine is mine.

It's an understandable opinion from a fan of a club that has had success

It all depends on a number of factors tbh.

Although he seems like a nice guy, judging by that performance and the Arsenal one, I wonder if we've seen peak Tüchel already? The new Avram Grant lol.

I don't particularly rate Tammy Abraham, but freezing him out of the squad hasn't exactly worked. Nor did playing Arrizabalaga.

Although he seems like a nice guy, judging by that performance and the Arsenal one, I wonder if we've seen peak Tüchel already? The new Avram Grant lol.

I don't particularly rate Tammy Abraham, but freezing him out of the squad hasn't exactly worked. Nor did playing Arrizabalaga.
I’m curious about how you chose your username ?
LOL!

Thought it was quite telling the way the owner celebrated with the players and manager on the pitch after the game. Could you imagine the Glazers, Henry or Kroenke down there (or even being at the game for that matter)?

By current PL/VAR standards yes, but decisions like this need to be got rid of. In terms of feet position he was onside. As an attacking player with forward momentum towards the goal the upper body naturally leans forward in the direction of travel, whereas the defenders with back to goal, and facing where the attack was coming from, back of heel was the closest measurable body part. And because VAR thinks you can score a goal with your shoulder it’s deemed as suitable to draw the line from. This is all on top of the science that proves that the distance a professional athlete travels versus the ball based on what is captured on 50fps footage is a false measurement.
By VAR standards, it was clear and obvious, so that is what VAR all intention is, to get those decisions right.. just a pity they get so many others wrong.

I’m curious about how you chose your username ?
LOL!
Usual user name already in use when I registered to join a website, random name generator in brain suggested this one and surprisingly it wasn't taken!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom